Jim Slattery Demonstrating Leisenring Dubbing Technique

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

letumgo
Site Admin

Re: Jim Slattery Demonstrating Leisenring Dubbing Technique

Post by letumgo » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:56 pm

Jim - I am glad you saw the video. As I watched you do this demonstration, I thought back to one of the earlier threads where we were discussing the differences between dubbed bodies created with Leisenring's method, versus those created with Clark dubbng block, versus an open dubbing loop method, and versus the split thread method. After seeing all of these methods, I agree with you about the "hollow cylindrical" structure. I believe this adds to the translucency of the finished flies.

Glad to see you checking in. Is the camp closed down for the winter? What new projects are you going to tackle this winter? Hopefully you get some time off for good behavior. (humor)
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
utyer

Post by utyer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:17 pm

I know this is a very old post, but as a new member is the first time I have seen it. My first introduction to dubbing was from my copy of The Art of Tying the Wet Fly & Fishing the Flymph. Until then all my fly bodies were single strands of yarn, or quill. I purchased that book and The Soft Hackle Fly Addict in 1975. what I learned from these 2 books have changed the way I tie, and fish for the last 50+ years. I have fished all across the country, and a Flymph or a Soft Hackle fly can always be counted on to provide a tug on the line.

Glad to join up, and hope to be able to contribute to this forum.
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:45 pm

Welcome aboard utyer. Glad you are finding the information useful. I look forward to seeing more posts from you in the future. Make yourself at home. ;)

utyer

Post by utyer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:45 pm

I tried to include an image in my last post, but it looks like I have to link to a URL. I currently have no active online storage of images to post from. Not sure which if any image hosting sites are still out there free. It there a way to upload images directly from my computer?
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:52 pm

Images can be uploaded directly, but have to be under a certain size limit. I use Google Photo to host pics, but it doesn’t always work.

You may want to try a smaller test image, to see if that works for you. Good luck.