Mallard speculum feathers

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Fishnkilts

Mallard speculum feathers

Post by Fishnkilts » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:58 am

Does anyone know where I can get some mallard speculum feathers? I would like to tie some Butchers.

Or maybe a good substitute?
SenecaLaker

Re: Mallard speculum feathers

Post by SenecaLaker » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:26 am

I have a few ducks in my freezer that I haven't gotten around to skinning out. Let me look this weekend to see what's in there. If there is a mallard, I'll save them for you .

Dave
Fishnkilts

Post by Fishnkilts » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:12 am

SenecaLaker wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:26 am I have a few ducks in my freezer that I haven't gotten around to skinning out. Let me look this weekend to see what's in there. If there is a mallard, I'll save them for you .

Dave
Thank you very much Dave. And of course I will pay you for them just for the trouble of it all.

I have a feeling they are going to be a material where I better get to know some duck hunters because I can't find any online.

Terryll
SenecaLaker

Post by SenecaLaker » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:33 am

duplicate
Last edited by SenecaLaker on Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SenecaLaker

Post by SenecaLaker » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:59 pm

Fishnkilts wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:12 am
SenecaLaker wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:26 am I have a few ducks in my freezer that I haven't gotten around to skinning out. Let me look this weekend to see what's in there. If there is a mallard, I'll save them for you .

Dave
Thank you very much Dave. And of course I will pay you for them just for the trouble of it all.

I have a feeling they are going to be a material where I better get to know some duck hunters because I can't find any online.

Terryll
I'll check them out this weekend. I have had some generous folks on this site help me with materials in the past. I wouldn't think of charging anything . If there is a mallard in there, the feathers are yours. Ill let you know what I find. I just got back into bird hunting last year myself. The grouse and woodcock have evaded me so far. I did luck out though last weekend and found some nice woodcock wings at one of my spots that a hunter left behind after taking what he wanted. one man's trash is another man's treasure. Man it would be nice if I could hit what I shoot at once in a while . :lol:

Dave