Hackle - Orange
Wing - Black duck/goose quill segments, peacock herl over

Trout - Ray Bergman
Forgotten Flies - Schmookler and Sils
Flytiers sure have a way at making things difficult
dj1212

Re: Warwick

Post by dj1212 » Wed May 17, 2023 7:57 pm

Beautiful! I wonder how or why they came up with some of these old wet fly patterns. Did they think they would just be something that attracted trout. Weren't imitations. I guess they attracted fisherman. :) They are beautiful to look at and you do a great job of tying. I enjoy seeing them.

Doug J.
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Thu May 18, 2023 4:42 am

I am in awe, as I study the details of this fly. It’s like a fine clockwork in its intricacies. Remarkable.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
DarrellP

Post by DarrellP » Thu May 18, 2023 7:34 am

A beauty. Amazing tying.
Mike62

Post by Mike62 » Thu May 18, 2023 7:01 pm

dj1212 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:57 pm Beautiful! I wonder how or why they came up with some of these old wet fly patterns. Did they think they would just be something that attracted trout. Weren't imitations. I guess they attracted fisherman. :) They are beautiful to look at and you do a great job of tying. I enjoy seeing them.

Doug J.
I know, right? I wish we could go back and talk to the old dudes. Time has a way of teasing knowledge out of the mundane. My grandfather was a huge wet fly guy, it's basically all he used, unless he was trolling ice-out streamers. It never occurred to me to ask him about the patterns he fished; ...why would it at 10-12 years old? At that point I figured the old man was going to live forever, and I had all the time in the world to ask him about stuff.

I have memories. They're what I use to try and make sense of what I saw as a kid.