Gordons and Hendricksons

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

NJpatbee

Re: Gordons and Hendricksons

Post by NJpatbee » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:17 am

Great looking flies and exceptional quill work.
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:35 pm

Carl,
Your work (our joy) is simply beyond description! Your attention to detail is remarkable and so evident in every section, every step of the way! It has always been a difficult thing for me to tie a decent looking Gordon Quill Wet but after viewing your clutch of spot on patterns, I feel like I need to revisit the basics and practice them until it hurts! Your work is inspiring to say the least! Thank you for sharing your talents with us and sorry so late in getting back with you!
Dougsden
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
Old Hat

Post by Old Hat » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:43 pm

Always the smooth talker Doug. Love it and always appreciate your comments. I used to tie quite a bit with quill before I found flymphs. I was a Shane Stalcup fan. He has some great patterns with quill and biot.
I hate it when I think I'm buying organic vegetables, and when I get home I discover they are just regular donuts.
http://www.oldhatflytying.com
utyer

Post by utyer » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:00 pm

These are textbook good.
Old Hat

Post by Old Hat » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:06 am

Thank you Utyer.

Welcome to the forum. Good to see you here, I have enjoyed your tying and information on other sites over the years. I think you will find this place one of the final vestiges of online forum activity on fly tying. Says a lot about the great family we have built here.
I hate it when I think I'm buying organic vegetables, and when I get home I discover they are just regular donuts.
http://www.oldhatflytying.com