Dubbing as Therapy......

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

DOUGSDEN

Dubbing as Therapy......

Post by DOUGSDEN » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:19 pm

Good Evening Everyone!
My son in law Jason recently gifted me with two squirrel hides, one fox and one gray!

I promptly went to my out building with zip lock bags and my trusty long nosed Thompson tying scissors! I came back to the house with three bags of fine squirrel fur for future dubbing and tying and I came back a much happier man!

We all know there is magic in harvesting furs and feathers to fuel our favorite passion, tying! There is a certain therapeutic value in this pursuit as well! Due to certain life circumstances, I have not been able to tie or fish much in the last year or so! This trip to the shearing shed did a lot for my spirits! I was grateful for the gift of fur which I am "squirreling" away for near future tying's and experimenting's! I am excited about this process and greatly inspired by a recent thread here on the forum about the great tying involving certain dubbing's! I am also inspired by all of the great tiers in this place especially Alan Patrucci's "simplistic" methods and way of life! It is a wonderful passion (tying) that rarely fails to let us down even on the worst days of production! There is great joy here that we can carry into our later years especially after our aching knees and ankles and hips keep us off our favorite waters! May our hands and minds forever be young in this respect!
Back at it boys and overjoyed with it!
Dougsden
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
Mike62

Re: Dubbing as Therapy......

Post by Mike62 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:14 am

Your post has gifted me with solace and perhaps a little motivation. Thank you, Doug.
Theroe

Post by Theroe » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:52 am

As Bill Shuck used to say, “Doug is the most enthusiastic guy I know”

Keep the positive thoughts and energy coming!
Soft and wet - the only way....
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:59 pm

Hey Doug,

Looks like you're off to a great start on the tying season ahead (winter time it tying time in my den). Hopefully you find a few hours of peace and add some more flies to your fly boxes for next spring/summer.

Good stuff! ;)
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean