Too good to be worth it?

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Fishnkilts

Too good to be worth it?

Post by Fishnkilts » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:34 pm

I see The Fly Shack has Saber fly hooks. I have never herd of this brand, but what got my attention is you can get 100 hooks for $10.00.

Anyone familiar with Saber?
Althehackleman

Re: Too good to be worth it?

Post by Althehackleman » Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:57 am

Saber hooks are very good. They have barbless hooks too. I have purchased Saber hooks for years after discovering them at the Somerset fly show. That is now in Edison NJ. You will not be disappointed. Buy some and enjoy the tying.
Al
Terrestrial12

Post by Terrestrial12 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:37 pm

Fish- can't speak on Saber but you can get a 100 pack for about the same price from lighning strike and they are great hooks. Bronze finish with a great tiny little micro barb. Just thought I'd toss that out there to everyone. They have just a plain ol' classic look and have a 1xl, 2x heavy nymph hook that's perfect for lower riding flymphs.
Fishnkilts

Post by Fishnkilts » Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:57 pm

Terrestrial12 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:37 pm Fish- can't speak on Saber but you can get a 100 pack for about the same price from lighning strike and they are great hooks. Bronze finish with a great tiny little micro barb. Just thought I'd toss that out there to everyone. They have just a plain ol' classic look and have a 1xl, 2x heavy nymph hook that's perfect for lower riding flymphs.
Althehackleman wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:57 am Saber hooks are very good. They have barbless hooks too. I have purchased Saber hooks for years after discovering them at the Somerset fly show. That is now in Edison NJ. You will not be disappointed. Buy some and enjoy the tying.
Al
Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.