Keough hen capes

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

letumgo
Site Admin

Re: Keough hen capes

Post by letumgo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:59 pm

Gosh, those are pretty! Those will be very nice to tie with. Congratulations John.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
Fishnkilts

Post by Fishnkilts » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:57 pm

ForumGhillie wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:55 pm Today arrived two Keough hen capes i bought on eBay.. This is the first time I have seen or purchased Keough capes.
  • Keough Commercial Hen Barred Ginger Cape
  • Keough Commercial Hen Dyed Heron Grey Cape

Keough-hen-capes.jpg

Very nice hen capes.
I know this is an old thread, but those look good. I have tied dry flies with Keough hackle and they work well and look good too, but I find them to run a little large according to size of hooks I use. No problem though, I just adapt and use a smaller hackle for what I need. Of course I'm talking about their packs that they have that are like Whitings 100 packs.

I have not tried the soft hackle from Keough, so could you tell me how it worked out for you?
narcodog

Post by narcodog » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:56 pm

Fishnkilts wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:57 pm
ForumGhillie wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:55 pm Today arrived two Keough hen capes i bought on eBay.. This is the first time I have seen or purchased Keough capes.
  • Keough Commercial Hen Barred Ginger Cape
  • Keough Commercial Hen Dyed Heron Grey Cape

Keough-hen-capes.jpg

Very nice hen capes.
I know this is an old thread, but those look good. I have tied dry flies with Keough hackle and they work well and look good too, but I find them to run a little large according to size of hooks I use. No problem though, I just adapt and use a smaller hackle for what I need. Of course I'm talking about their packs that they have that are like Whitings 100 packs.

I have not tried the soft hackle from Keough, so could you tell me how it worked out for you?
Cheesehead John has moved on from the Keough, and probably hasn't seen them an hour after he posted this thread.
"I like beer, do you like beer, I like beer a lot."
Theroe

Post by Theroe » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:54 am

ah Ha!
Now I know who bought those!!
Soft and wet - the only way....