SOFT~ HACKLE JOURNAL

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Fishnkilts

Re: SOFT~ HACKLE JOURNAL

Post by Fishnkilts » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:40 pm

I am very curious about this journal. When I get home this evening I'm going to look into it. I think I can learn a lot from it, so the money would be worth it.
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:13 pm

My copy arrived in the afternoon mail. It has had it's first reading, cover to cover, and each photo or drawing has been perused. Will reread it tomorrow, and maybe the next day as well.

Steve, excellent piece of work, my friend. I'm looking forward to having a large set to pass on to the kids.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
UC Steve

Post by UC Steve » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:23 am

Ron, Glad to know you got the journal. Had you in mind when choosing the font size. Hope it's easy for you to read.
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:11 am

UC Steve wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:23 am Ron, Glad to know you got the journal. Had you in mind when choosing the font size. Hope it's easy for you to read.
I know I'm not the only senior fly fisherman that will appreciate the font size. Very easy to read. Thanks for that.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
jcwillow777

Post by jcwillow777 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:10 am

Just finished reading my 1st copy of the Soft Hackle Journal. I found all of the articles and pictures excellent, and applicable!

I have to say that my favorite articles was on Sylvester Nemes. The second book on soft hackles I bought was "The Soft-Hackled Fly and Tiny Sift Hackles by Nemes, thanks to John Shaner. (His paper - Soft Hackled Resources.) I remember reading that he fished the North Branch of the Au Sable in Michigan. That got me excited knowing that I was fishing the same stretch of river that Syl did. We have a cabin 3 miles south of the Au Sable.

That being said, I'm looking forward to reading the second edition! Well done.
Greg
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:40 pm

I came home today and found a surprise package waiting for me. I was delighted to find it was the second edition of Soft Hackle Journal.

What a pleasant surprise! Can't wait to read the new edition. Nice to see several of our friends listed in the article authors. Congratulations guys!
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:53 am

Mine arrived Tuesday. After walking the dog, I made a second cup of coffee, sat in my recliner and read it cover to cover. Great edition. I'll be rereading it as the week goes by.
Variant

Post by Variant » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:09 am

My copy arrived last Saturday. Once again great writing and art work.

Lou
In sport,method is everything.The more the skill the method calls for,the higher it’s yield of emotional stir and satisfaction,the higher it’s place must be in a sportsman’s scale of values. RODERICK HAIG-BROWN
jcwillow777

Post by jcwillow777 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:39 am

Got mine yesterday, haven't started reading it. Will take it with me up to the cabin tomorrow. Supposed to rain for a couple of days, that will give me some time to read it.
Greg
chugbug

Post by chugbug » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:39 pm

I had forgotten I subscribed, and it came a few days ago giving me a pleasant surprise. I'm taking a more leisurely approach to reading it than I did for the first issue. Great stuff to all who contribute, a big thumbs up and thank you.