SOFT~ HACKLE JOURNAL

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Oenophileangler

Re: SOFT~ HACKLE JOURNAL

Post by Oenophileangler » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:43 pm

More than a little bit sad. Just got this last issue today, and it’s the last issue. As in, ever. Very sorry to read this but I understand that life gets in the way.

Another FF magazine folded late last year. That was my favorite. Steve knows which one.

My best wishes to Steve. I really enjoyed this journal.

Dale
jcwillow777

Post by jcwillow777 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:55 pm

I got mine today. Bummer that it is the last, but I get it.

Just curious, had this publication been going on for more than 1 year? I googled it and saw some articles from older issues. Wished I had known about it earlier, if was being published longer.
Greg
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:14 pm

I received mine today. I am saddened by the fact this is the last issue, but glad I have the full set (4 issues).

Greg - This was only published for one year. Hopefully Steve continues to publish articles on his website.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
Mike62

Post by Mike62 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:29 pm

Steve's website is a gem. Publishing a quarterly magazine would have taken the starch out of anybody. Hopefully he can decompress and simply write articles for the web site.
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:35 pm

I got my fourth and final copy of the SHJ yesterday and was saddened to read the news that it would be the last issue. I have read it cover to cover, as I have every issue, now to go back and read it again.

I enjoyed the article that referenced Rocky Ford Creek in Eastern Washington. We used to fish that place every spring. There are some huge trout in that small, shallow creek. I remember standing on the silver bridge watching a huge trout swimming around with a still squirming baby rattlesnake in it's mouth. I guess the fish was waiting for the snake to die before swallowing it. Just a big worm, right?

Like Ray, I have all four issues in a place of honor on my bookshelf. I will miss having that arrive in my mailbox.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
Variant

Post by Variant » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:36 pm

Same here .

Lou
In sport,method is everything.The more the skill the method calls for,the higher it’s yield of emotional stir and satisfaction,the higher it’s place must be in a sportsman’s scale of values. RODERICK HAIG-BROWN
novabass

Post by novabass » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:10 am

Does anyone know if there is a way to get back issues of this journal? I know that it is no longer in publication, just wondering how I can maybe read what was printed.
FrankenFly <--my website
Where fly tying comes to life!