CREATIVE GEWE WET FLIES

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Variant

CREATIVE GEWE WET FLIES

Post by Variant » Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:39 pm

This book is mostly pictures of winged wet fly patterns .
Flies tied by Gertrude Werbrouck and written by Dale A. Darling, Published 2016.
If you like full dressed winged wet flies with an artistic flair this is right up your alley.
Disclaimer, many feathers used by Geert are protected species here in the states but in Belgium you can pick up and use the expired birds. There are examples of triple winged wet flies and mixed wing patterns.There are a few examples of flymph patterns as well.

Lou
In sport,method is everything.The more the skill the method calls for,the higher it’s yield of emotional stir and satisfaction,the higher it’s place must be in a sportsman’s scale of values. RODERICK HAIG-BROWN
wsbailey

Re: CREATIVE GEWE WET FLIES

Post by wsbailey » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:30 pm

The tyer’s name is Geert. I’ve been an online friend with him for many years. His enthusiastic but fractured English can be very entertaining. I used to teach English as a second language years ago so I can deal with it for the most part. I once found a dead barred owl along side a road, The feathers were in perfect shape. They would have made beautiful flies but the legal consequences are too dire.
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:32 pm

I've also been on line friends with Geert for several years. He's quite active on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/geert.werbrouck.10
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
Old Hat

Post by Old Hat » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:23 am

Geert ties some wonderful flies. He also ties some beautiful little soft hackles. I befriended him years ago in the Classic Flies subsection of the Fly Tying Forum. He sent me a beautiful framed collection of soft hackles. He is a very generous and genuinely friendly person.
I hate it when I think I'm buying organic vegetables, and when I get home I discover they are just regular donuts.
http://www.oldhatflytying.com