Teesdale flies

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

hankaye

Re: Teesdale flies

Post by hankaye » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:14 pm

Howdy All;

I have always been of the opinion the it ain't the size of the package
it's what is with-in, that makes the value of anything.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin
zen leecher

Post by zen leecher » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:22 pm

cheaper in the USA.
joaniebo

Post by joaniebo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:48 pm

I'm noticing somewhat of a trend that some "authors" are taking the old fly tying / fishing books that are out of print / copyright and then doing "their own book", reprinting the out-of- copyright book and then adding some additional comments / pictures of their own to make a "newer book" to sell.

Personally, if I'm interested in the info from one of the older authors, I'll just simply go to the Project Gutenburd site (or other sites) and download the old, original book in either pdf or text version.

Bob
jcwillow777

Post by jcwillow777 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:03 pm

joaniebo wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:48 pm
I'll just simply go to the Project Gutenburd site (or other sites) and download the old, original book in either pdf or text version.

Bob
Thanks Bob. I have been using Google Books and archive.org for years. Never heard of Gutenberg.org. I will start searching here for books I haven't been able to find at the above 2 sites and hopefully hit paydirt!

As for the book mentioned, I'm on a waiting list to get one. I am really looking forward to receiving it. I read the PDF version a year or so ago, but it is always nice, at least for me, to see pictures of the flies.

This will be the second one for me recently published of older books without a copyright. I have to say that I really enjoyed the Cutcliffe book redone with photos from John Shaner's collection. My only regret is that I have a soft cover version, all that Amazon offers, instead of a hard copy. I also read the PDF version of this book last summer.

Greg
Greg
joaniebo

Post by joaniebo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:18 pm

Here's a link to download in pdf format:

https://ia902205.us.archive.org/25/item ... keiala.pdf
chugbug

Post by chugbug » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:01 pm

Theroe

Post by Theroe » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:09 am

joaniebo wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:48 pm I'm noticing somewhat of a trend that some "authors" are taking the old fly tying / fishing books that are out of print / copyright and then doing "their own book", reprinting the out-of- copyright book and then adding some additional comments / pictures of their own to make a "newer book" to sell.

Personally, if I'm interested in the info from one of the older authors, I'll just simply go to the Project Gutenburd site (or other sites) and download the old, original book in either pdf or text version.

Bob
Bingo -
Soft and wet - the only way....