Cane and silk glass rods

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Terrestrial12

Cane and silk glass rods

Post by Terrestrial12 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:22 am

So someone from the group mentioned glass rods by a guy under the brand cane and silk. I found his page and they look amazing with a cheap price. Read reviews and everyone who ordered one had nothing but good things to say about them. I'm ready to pull the trigger but his website is very primitive and I can't find any contact information or social media presence. Would anybody here know how to get ahold of the guy? Thanks!
Ron Eagle Elk

Re: Cane and silk glass rods

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:56 am

Same here. Looking for contact info to order another new rod. Any help out there?
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
JohnMD1022

Post by JohnMD1022 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:56 pm

canefisher@hotmail.com

That’s my first find.
"One of those harmless misfits you see in fishing who do no appreciable damage to the world at large and in the end have only cost themselves the normal life that they never wanted anyway."
No Shortage of Good Days by John Gierach
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:17 pm

Thanks, John, I'll give that a shot.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
redietz

Post by redietz » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:40 am

You could also try to contact the owner through his FB page : https://www.facebook.com/mike.kattner.16

FWIW, I bought one of his cane rods seven or eight years ago. It's one of the few rods that I regret having wasted the money on. The cane itself was cosmetically awful, as was the fit and finish, and it was a dog to cast. I can't speak about the glass rods, YMMV.
Bob
Terrestrial12

Post by Terrestrial12 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:19 am

Yeah I haven't read anything about his bamboo rods and I honestly don't know much about them but if I was going to spring for one I would save till I could afford a reputable model. I have read several stellar reviews about the glass tho. We'll see I suppose.
ronr

Post by ronr » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:38 am

if you are looking at bamboo rods.. check out Dave Dozier at Bamboo Pursuits in Sisters, OR... really nice guy who makes really nice rods.