Mike Conner

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

DNicolson

Mike Conner

Post by DNicolson » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:55 am

Since I rejoined the Net, I have not seen hide nor hair of Mike Conner.
I did not always agree with his conclusions but 99% of the time I did.
I miss his long complicated but very informative posts.
daringduffer

Re: Mike Conner

Post by daringduffer » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:07 am

I miss his wealth of knowledge too, Donald. I still hope for some kind of return. We had some mail exchange but unfortunately I lost his address in a crash.

dd
Soft-hackle
Site Admin

Post by Soft-hackle » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:28 am

HI,
Mike decided not to participate, here. That is his choice. He's always welcomed to return anytime he wants to.

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty.” Edward R. Hewitt

http://www.libstudio.com/FS&S
Johnno

Post by Johnno » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:27 am

yeh, pity he was a little thin skinned. His posts were often extremely informative.
John Dunn

Post by John Dunn » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:36 pm

I too miss his posts What wonderful posts. I"ll bet his hole life is complex and neat as a pin. I wonder what kind of a fisherman he is? Mike how about answering this so I don"t have to wonder:).

Best

John Dunn
"The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still able." - Sparse Grey Hackle
flyfishwithme

Post by flyfishwithme » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:36 am

Mike is doing well, I have been in regular contact with him as he has provided some really valuable research materials for the new book that Bob Smith and I are co-authoring (the tile keeps changing but is an update from Edmonds & Lee but includes techniques etc).
As you say a great wealth of knowledge.
Mark, he has refrained from coming back to the forum which I agree is a great pity.
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:33 am

Philip,

The next time you contact Mike, tell him I said hello and lost his e-mail address.

REE
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
skunkaroo

Post by skunkaroo » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:36 am

Philip,

Do pass on my regards and thanks as well. Never met him in person, but his knowledgeable posts continue to be very valuable references.

Aaron
Aaron Laing, New Westminster BC
Moderator - FlyBC Flytying Forum
Stream Time Blog - Current Article: The Leggy Blond (Hawaiian bonefish pattern) (January 2011)
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:06 am

It's good to know that Mike is alive and well, but sure wish he'd go public again with us.
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
GlassJet

Post by GlassJet » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:33 pm

flyfishwithme wrote:Mike is doing well, I have been in regular contact with him as he has provided some really valuable research materials for the new book that Bob Smith and I are co-authoring (the tile keeps changing but is an update from Edmonds & Lee but includes techniques etc).
As you say a great wealth of knowledge.
Mark, he has refrained from coming back to the forum which I agree is a great pity.
What's the story here Phil? As a relative new-comer, since I first started posting, this guy has wandered the corridors of this board like a ghost! :lol:

I am beginning to wonder if he was ever real... ;)
"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." ~ Pablo Picasso 8)