How to???

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

FliTrap

Re: How to???

Post by FliTrap » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:05 pm

So.....Hank!
When you gonna fish that bit of stream? We are all await!
Its been a great "Arm-chair" adventure thus far! :geek:
My self.... I'm a bit stuck with catching a read here on the I-net to tide me over until after work, family and the holidays! I see little time in my schedule until Mid-January at best. Will settle for tying flies! :lol:
FliTrap
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:14 pm

Yeah! In this instance I hope your "catching". Just remember to take your camera with you.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
hankaye

Post by hankaye » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:44 am

FliTrap & Ray, Howdy;

First I need to renew my license (ran out while I was back in Ohio this past Summer), and with the Holidays set to drop the other boot... Prob'ly be after the 1st of the year.
Fortunate that in Utah I can buy a 365 day license. None of that they ALL drop dead at midnight Insert date here __/__/____ in other States.
So, please have some patience. I did dig out my waders (leftovers from a Hatchery mgmt class I'd taked a few years ago), Look almost new :shock: . They been rolled up in a 5 gal. bucket all this time. :D .
I'm at least getting my equip. checks out of the way and it's giving me some time to tye a few more flys as well.
All support accepted...
hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:08 am

i hope your waders are NOT boot foot, and are stocking foot with boots over-top.........? You get the BEST angle support that way and MUCH better footing. Also, make absolutely SURE you do NOT buy felt soled wading boots if your bout to buy some. It's a proven FACT that felt can harbor Whilrling disease spores while dry, for up to 5 years and still infect a stream once wet again. Do NOT EVER buy or use felt soled wading boots, ANYWHERE. Get Aquastelath or equivalent from Patagonia, Simms, etc., etc., etc.....they work just as good or BETTER! Felt soles are illegal in New Zealand now and soon will be world wide with any common sense applied. i've been preaching this for almost 2 decades.....i trust your a member of the choir and not some incleased hethen. :D ..... ;) For any and all of those not yet converted.....QUILT is a powerfull motivator. :lol:
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
hankaye

Post by hankaye » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:00 pm

willowhead, Howdy;

yep, they be boot foot. When I bought them I was on workman's comp. now on Soc. Security. I was more fluid then than I am now. Some of the folks that are sellin stuff for fishin are charging like the stuff they sell is made of gold. When my budget gets better (has to can't get much worse), I was thinkin' along the lines of the corkers with the tread inserts. Buyin' inserts is cheaper than buyin' more boots...
Have seen the stuff about whirling and zebra's bein' carried by felt, so, it's not on my shoppin' list.
Thanks for the input.
hank
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:38 pm

hankaye ~ I just now had a chance to zoom in on your little stream on Google Earth, and it looks as though there are some nice holes -- even some shade if one pans north far enough. Like the others, I'm hoping you'll be able to post some photos of your forays before long.
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
hankaye

Post by hankaye » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:45 pm

Howdy All;
After the State of Utah changed the law about stream access they have had to come up with a map to show us where we are allowed to fish.
Before the law changed one was able to enter at a public access / egress, walk an fish, float or recreate till ya drop and get out at the nearest access / egress.
So, the Dept. of Wildlife Resources has some GIS techies digitizing and attempting to ID who owns what to build a map that makes sense. Here’s what they have so far… a lot of Government land is either un marked or marked as Privately Owned (no access). They have a long way to go. Here is the link

http://wildlife.utah.gov/maps/stream_access/

Where I live and my nice little River are located is near dead center of the State. The map is interactive to some extent. Zoom, pan etc.

hank
Ruard

Post by Ruard » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:29 pm

willowhead wrote:i hope your waders are NOT boot foot, and are stocking foot with boots over-top.........? You get the BEST angle support that way and MUCH better footing. Also, make absolutely SURE you do NOT buy felt soled wading boots if your bout to buy some. It's a proven FACT that felt can harbor Whilrling disease spores while dry, for up to 5 years and still infect a stream once wet again. Do NOT EVER buy or use felt soled wading boots, ANYWHERE. :lol:

Hi Willowhead,

Do you know where I can buy the aqua stealth resole kit in Europe?? Or does anybody else know?? Could only find a webshop in USA.

Greeting
There will allways be a solution.
http://www.aflyinholland.nl
hankaye

Post by hankaye » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:19 am

Ruard, Howdy;

Forgive the delay, had to dig out from the 1/2 meter of snow that turned off the electric for 14 hours.
here is a link to the Aquastealth Co. It is in English so you should have no problem with it. The information should be on the "resolers' page.;

http://www.stealthrubber.com/

They do have some 'resolers' that are in the your Country.
Please use in good health...

hank
Ruard

Post by Ruard » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:33 am

hankaye wrote:Ruard, Howdy;

http://www.stealthrubber.com/

They do have some 'resolers' that are in the your Country.
Please use in good health...

hank
Thank you Hank just what I was after!! Found the resolers!!

Greeting and good wishes
There will allways be a solution.
http://www.aflyinholland.nl