Cicada Alert

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

kanutripr

Re: Cicada Alert

Post by kanutripr » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:18 am

Hank, just keep working at it. We all started in the same place as you! ;)

Good idea Ray. Thanks. I wasn't planning that far ahead when I started but I'm thinking some clear, smoky beads would make awesome eyes for more than one type of fly.

Mark. If you keep giving things away you won't have anything left! I appreciate it though. :D I liked the last stickers. I was going to put them on my car but decided to frame them to hang in my tying room instead! :lol:

Vicki
Listen with your ears, hear with your heart.
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:41 am

:lol: good you said something..............cause i was wondering if i'd already sent those stickers or not..............i'll hold these back then because they would only be repeats.............save 'em for someone else.............BUT. i also have a JC background feathers neck for you...............those feathers all around the nails that are used for streamer wings and such............i'll throw that in there. i been addin' more hooks too.........
and hey, i like to give stuff away................i never even miss it.............it's good to share..............and to help others.............and you deserve it..............i got tons of stuff...................aint no biggie at all.................enjoy. ;)
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
kanutripr

Post by kanutripr » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:49 pm

Ray I found a new idea I'm going to try for the eyes. Hot glue, mono and markers to colour. Should be lighter than the beads.

Some I made up today. They take a little practice. Apply the glue and don't play with them or let them touch anything. If there are any spots not round trim them with the scissors after cooling then heat them a little again over a stove burner to smooth them out.

Vicki
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Neat idea! That solves a question I was recently thinking about. I had been playing with shrimp eyes and it seemed like there should be a way of making colored ones. I like your "eye-dea" (bad pun intended).
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Ray.............please stop "Pun"ishing us............. :lol: ..............j/k. ;) Vicki, you can be more accurate with a cig. lighter than you can over the stove......just don't start smoking. :D COOL eyes..... 8-)

kanutripr

Post by kanutripr » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:39 pm

No way. I don't play with open flames...any more ;)

Actually I just held it close to the edge of the burner. Just enough to heat it up without burning it or the mono.

Vicki
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:46 pm

Smart.........when buring mono, always hold it in the blue part of the flame so it doesn't get to hot, to fast. It melts nicer (slower), that way. ;)