fly rod length

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

CreationBear

Re: fly rod length

Post by CreationBear » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:33 pm

I think you'll love that Steffen--his 8-foot 3/4 is a modern classic, though I might call it more of a "dryfly" taper than what I think of as a dedicated "swinging" rod. (Though no doubt it would work great with SH and wets as well.) Fred Paddock is also making some great rods these days as well.

Otherwise, I had an early FF-70 that to me was just the perfect short trout rod--unfortunately, getting a two-piece rod into the country I fish proved to be an almost literally life-threatening proposition, so I passed it on. Just great, great rods, though I might be the only person in America who didn't like the FF806. :lol:
skunkaroo

Post by skunkaroo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:23 pm

Roadkill wrote:Aaron,

I just checked my 490 LLB and it has Graphite III stamped on the blank.
Sorry, they originally released it as Type II. I didn't realize they'd produced it in a Type III after. Mmmm... this opens new possibilities.

Aaron
Aaron Laing, New Westminster BC
Moderator - FlyBC Flytying Forum
Stream Time Blog - Current Article: The Leggy Blond (Hawaiian bonefish pattern) (January 2011)
skunkaroo

Post by skunkaroo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:31 pm

willowhead wrote:Cool site Aaron ;) .......but trying to click on any of the recommended sites up on the right there (including this one), did me no good. Server could not find anything. :?
I just checked all the links. Two didn't work... The Nemes interview and the link to this site. I deleted the Nemes link (it's dead) and corrected the one for this site (which was pointing to the old version).

Aaron
Aaron Laing, New Westminster BC
Moderator - FlyBC Flytying Forum
Stream Time Blog - Current Article: The Leggy Blond (Hawaiian bonefish pattern) (January 2011)