Fishing Deep

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

narcodog

Re: Fishing Deep

Post by narcodog » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:36 am

Mike,
That is a tall order but I can comply with the Spiders but I have searched in vane for the specified material for the Tups. I have even got down on my hands and knees, so to speak, but to know avail. As I hope that you can see by my posting that I have suffered this indignation for many months and have lost some sleep. Further I have not spoken of this misstep to any of my local TU members because of the embarrassment I have felt.
Oh did I say that they were some of the tastiest Trouts I have ever eaten. OOOPs. :mrgreen:

I should add that in reference to the above references that as I was reading my copy of Stewart I by passed that chapter so I would not feel tempted to transgress again. Even though one of the masters advocated the use of GH's.
"I like beer, do you like beer, I like beer a lot."
5feathers

Post by 5feathers » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:10 pm

I'm going to have to look into the weighted leader. William I think I understand your idea and I'll have to investigate. The only method I've ever used was what I showed you on Spring Creek. I use the heavier or larger nymph at the point and a smaller as the dropper fished up in the water column. That's how I fish the wet flies I've been tying. I know it's not traditional, but I don't know how else you can entice fish that are hugging the bottom.
CM_Stewart

Post by CM_Stewart » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:58 pm

narcodog wrote:Mike,
I should add that in reference to the above references that as I was reading my copy of Stewart I by passed that chapter so I would not feel tempted to transgress again.
See, now there's where you went astray. Had you read, nay studied, that chapter, you would realize that fishing the worm is not, never has been, and never shall be a transgression. Neither is eating a few tasty trouts, for that matter.