0 + 1 = FUN

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

hankaye

Re: 0 + 1 = FUN

Post by hankaye » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:58 am

John L, Howdy;

I appoligize for the hi-jack ... :roll:
It's just that I hate being restricted by the
profit margines of the corprate world :twisted: (g-rrrrrrrrr).

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin
Roadkill

Post by Roadkill » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:01 am

Glacier gloves and electric socks for this old dog. :)
John L

Post by John L » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:26 pm

letumgo - No high percent wool long socks or half finger gloves in my town unless the fly shop has some. I'll be going there. The nearest hunting fishing store is in another town but eventually I will get there too. I can see about electric socks and Glacier Gloves too. Actually I already have military spec wool socks but could do with some thicker and longer for sure. Definitely no room for two pair of thick socks. We know that anything tight on the feet will not be warm.

I want to find something(s) I can see, feel and even try on if possible. Later I can mailorder. Even later it will be spring and I can think about other things.

hankaye - Sorry if you think you hijacked my thread. I don't agree. Remember, my thread was about FUN.
John L

Post by John L » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:30 pm

letumgo - I just remembered you asked if that was tenkara action. Yup. I've caught hundreds of fish a year for three years now on that rod: TenkaraUSA's Iwana 11' model. It is the only tenkara rod I have owned and, judging by tenkara forum posts, their most popular model. Disadvantages? Well, there is no giving line in a fish fight, but I have only lost three fish because of that, and have caught three 19" trout that were kind enough to fight close or that I could follow. I have always loved to wade to fish and fight close anyway, and I'm no monster hunter, so the simplicities of tenkara = an overall plus for me.

My wife took over my old fly rod because she likes to cast the fly line. But I talked her into trying a 9' Daiwa Soyukaze tenkara/tenago rod for a bushy creek we both like, based on the advice of the TenkaraBum, and now she is in love with that rod for any place that is bushy.

FUN.
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Thanks John. Exactly the kind of information I was looking for.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:45 am

Great post John. That Rainbow you caught sure is a fatty! I hope the success you are having continues. I am afraid Santa will keep me off the rivers until the New Year. Keep us posted sir. I am liking our reports. :)
CM_Stewart

Post by CM_Stewart » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:41 pm

John,

I carry half finger wool gloves if you decide that's what you want. Not fleece lined, though (and no possum).
John L

Post by John L » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:05 pm

Hey, TBum, thanks, I will keep that in mind. If you stock it I am confident it is good for the job. Your orange #3 line is still what I use and the 9' Daiwa Soyokaze rod you recommended for my wife's bushwacking is still her favorite for that(I really like it too).
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:01 pm

John, still fishing? Brrrr! I am trying the Frying Pan on Monday morning at sunup. Lets see if I patched my waders correctly! :)
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:08 pm

Reminds me of that old Seinfeld episode, where George goes for a swim. Very funny.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean