New Member - Hello

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

skondolf

New Member - Hello

Post by skondolf » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:35 am

Hello all -

Just found this site while surfing around another board and thought I'd signup, say hello and give a brief intro.

I've probably talked to some of you on other boards I frequent but I'm a late-comer in the realm of flyfishing just getting into this method of fishing about 4 years ago in my mid-40's. I can only kick myself for not trying it sooner. Last year was my first year really trying to learn about wet flies/flymphs and Mark has been a great help in this. I do tie my own flies and am always looking for new patterns to try out on the Oatka, my home stream in upstate NY just outside Rochester.

As a beginner in all this I guess I'll be more of an "asker" than a "teller" but I hope to be able to contribute with whatever limited knowledge I may have. I look forward to conversing with all of you.

Best Wishes,
Steve
\><((((((*>
Soft-hackle
Site Admin

Re: New Member - Hello

Post by Soft-hackle » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:54 am

Hi Steve,
Glad to see you found your way to us. The board has been rather quiet, lately. Everyone's out fishing, I guess. This will give you some time to catch up. Have a great time, here.

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty.” Edward R. Hewitt

http://www.libstudio.com/FS&S
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:13 am

All new members are welcomed, but especially those with the nerve to use that logo as an ID icon.
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
redietz

Post by redietz » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:35 am

tie2fish wrote:All new members are welcomed, but especially those with the nerve to use that logo as an ID icon.
It would have taken more nerve if this were a Baltimore area forum. (As you well know.)
Bob
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:08 am

Welcome aboard, Steve. Great bunch of guys on this website. Very knowledgeable and willing to help out with any questions. I look forward to seeing your participation in the future.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
skunkaroo

Post by skunkaroo » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:21 pm

Welcome! I don't know if I'm "very knowledgeable" but I'm definitely "willing to help out" ;)

Aaron
Aaron Laing, New Westminster BC
Moderator - FlyBC Flytying Forum
Stream Time Blog - Current Article: The Leggy Blond (Hawaiian bonefish pattern) (January 2011)