Using one fly

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

GlassJet

Re: Using one fly

Post by GlassJet » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:26 am

Very cool, I like the Hemmingway one best. ;)

Can I add one? Don't think it was in there...

"The pleasures of fishing are chiefly to be found in rivers, lakes and tackle shops and, of the three, the last are the least affected by the weather." Arthur Ransome, from a story called 'On Tackle-Shops' that appeared in his regular Rod and Line column - that was published in the then Manchester Guardian, I think I am right in saying...

There is a book called Rod and Line that collects together his stories - well worth a read, for anyone who has not yet done so...

Andrew.
"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." ~ Pablo Picasso 8)
daringduffer

Post by daringduffer » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:29 am

I think the capacity of multi-tasking combined with an early start and an ever enquiring mind is a must to become a really skilful angler. I have only the last part and thus will never ever become skilful - no matter how hard I try. I accept this and strive for utmost enjoyment from my passion. My most memorable zen moment was when I was standing in a river with my eyes closed, just listening, and feeling the force of the stream on my body and the scents and...life. I belonged there - was a part of it all. Catching a fish was not important - life was.

dd
hankaye

Post by hankaye » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:20 am

Howdy all;

Now mind you, I wasn't there, but it may have been Jonah upon exiting the whale that may have uttered the phrase,

A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work... :lol:

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin