Fishing with Tim (tjd)

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

gingerdun

Re: Fishing with Tim (tjd)

Post by gingerdun » Fri May 27, 2016 11:38 am

Ray and Tim,
Looks like a great time. Nice photographs. They really capture the feel of that day. I'm partial to the close-ups.
Tim, were you celebrating the end of your studies? Did you get your degree yet?

Lance
tjd

Post by tjd » Fri May 27, 2016 1:56 pm

Hi Lance,

Thank you for the kind words, and also for checking in with me. I'm not celebrating yet, I'm in my last semester, and if everything goes well I will finish in mid-July.

I look forward to seeing you soon!

Best,

Tim
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Fri May 27, 2016 4:18 pm

Congrats, Tim. I didn't realize you were so close to finishing. It seems like you were just getting started the last time I saw you. And you probably were. Good for you, man.
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
tjd

Post by tjd » Sat May 28, 2016 5:48 am

Thanks, William!
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Sun May 29, 2016 8:24 pm

Ray and Tim,
What a wonderful set of photos and what a wonderful opportunity to fish with Tim! Sure looks as if the weather was crappy but the water looks beautiful! Just right to put the smack on some great looking brownies which is seems that both of you did! Tim, you are the dean of that stretch and many others for sure! I love those shots of the naturals coming down the chute. They were awesome! It is indeed a great time when two old friends can get together and make such fine memories on stream!
Ray, once again many thanks for taking us along on this great photographic adventure! You have that special nack for making everyone feel as if they are right there with you! Did you loose any flies in the trees this time around?
All in fun fellows and enjoying it all from the den,
Dougsden
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
tjd

Post by tjd » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:05 am

Hey, Doug!
Thanks for the nice comments. I always leave a few flies in the trees!
It's not often that conditions are just right, and everything comes together. Ray and I were very fortunate to be at the right place at the right time that evening.
Oddly, we were going to try another stretch, but I convinced him that there was no point in leaving rising fish...when we left at dark, there were still flies hatching, and fish were rising. A week later the fishing was much tougher there, and the water warmer. It just goes to show you that even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once and a while.
Good times.
Best,
Tim