Running the sweeper.....

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

DOUGSDEN

Running the sweeper.....

Post by DOUGSDEN » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm

Gentlemen,
Whilst running the sweeper today for my dear wife (I'm off all week and she has to work. Dang!), I noticed the long black electric cord always got caught under the corner of something. Furniture, end tables, etc. Almost unconsciously, I began flicking the cord sideways or throwing an exagerated loop at the point of pinching just like we have been instructed. Weird thing is it worked! I had to laugh out loud at this carry over from who knows how many seasons of flyfishing that is permanently locked away in this big round head of mine. Now, the tough part is convincing my beautiful wife that most flyfishing outings are quite useful especially in domestic situations such as this! A hard sell for sure!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good afternoon,
Dougsden
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
Old Hat

Re: Running the sweeper.....

Post by Old Hat » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:04 pm

Be careful, you might get that fast action 8 weight Hoover you never wanted for Christmas. :D
I hate it when I think I'm buying organic vegetables, and when I get home I discover they are just regular donuts.
http://www.oldhatflytying.com
CM_Stewart

Post by CM_Stewart » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:59 pm

Yes, be very careful. She's likely to turn your words around and say that domestic chores would be quite useful practice for your flyfishing outings. I'm sure she wouldn't want your mending and roll casting skills to get rusty in the off season. You'll be on sweeper duty for the rest of your life!
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:23 am

Fellows,
I never thought of it that way! Thanks for the reminders. Who'da thought simple chores around the house would lead to such long term....chores around the house? A man has to have time to tie and fish!
Thanks again and all in fun of course,
Merry Christmas to all,
Dougsden
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:57 pm

"fast action 8 weight Hoover"

That is hysterical Carl! I'm still laughing. :lol:

Be careful Doug, you may get real good a casting around the house. (joking)
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
flyfshn76

Post by flyfshn76 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:44 pm

Thats funny. I laughed out loud when I read that. Only because same thing has happened to me.