Hard water

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

DOUGSDEN

Hard water

Post by DOUGSDEN » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:30 pm

Is anyone else just a little put out about all the ice that has landed on our stillwaters? To those of you who have running water at your disposal, how's the fishing? On the up-side of this minor set back, tying has increased and that goes a long way to lift ones spirits. I can't wait to get home from work and do the dirty work of learning new techniques, trying new materials....ooops. This is drifting into the "Tying Wingless Wets" catagory.
Let us know of the joy of winter fishing in your area!
Waiting for a thaw,
Dougsden
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
narcodog

Re: Hard water

Post by narcodog » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Fishin is good here when the water is down. No hard water to contend with just a he&& of a lot of rain. We went last week water 40* and air 45* not bad.
"I like beer, do you like beer, I like beer a lot."
skunkaroo

Post by skunkaroo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:10 pm

Winter stream fishing around here?... Scatchy, cold, damp, unco-operative fish, high water... in short, perfect.

My home water yielded 1 cutthroat for 5 hours of fishing yesterday. A little 12" beauty that slid out of a seam to take my small nymph. It was drizzling and cold, but it was great to be fishing. Last weekend it was about the same on different water. I count my winter fish in ones and twos, except when I luck into a school of searun cutthroat.

Aaron
Aaron Laing, New Westminster BC
Moderator - FlyBC Flytying Forum
Stream Time Blog - Current Article: The Leggy Blond (Hawaiian bonefish pattern) (January 2011)
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:55 pm

Thanks fellows, these are great responses! Anyone else? We'd love to hear how things are going.
Dougsden
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.