World traveler.....

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

DOUGSDEN

World traveler.....

Post by DOUGSDEN » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:42 pm

Has anyone heard from Hans W. ? I wasn't exactly sure when he was leaving or due back from paradise....I mean New Zeland. I simply cannot imagine being there. For me, it would be the pinacle, the best, the top of the world....except it's below the equator. You get the idea.
I hope he take lots of pictures.
Dougsden
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
redietz

Re: World traveler.....

Post by redietz » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:11 pm

I hope he has some good stories to tell when he returns.
Bob
Roy

Post by Roy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:40 pm

I'd give him another week in paradise
;)
hope he does not forget my koala
Johnno

Post by Johnno » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:40 pm

He is here for another week or so I think. And he has good weather by the looks. Very hot in the south of the South Island at the moment where I believe he is walking, wading,crawling, casting and hopfully catching as well. He was at the fly fishing conclave run by Bob Wyatt (A yearly event I have yet to get to..) last weekend doing the tying thing. A pity I was not able to make it as seeing Hans tie would have been a highlight.

I'd imagine the Southland trout will be getting a little lesson or two from Hans. or maybe the other way around :D

For me, it would be the pinacle, the best, the top of the world....

Yeh its pretty good (still) but our environmental record is fairly abysmal. The clean and green thing is a bit of a myth. Get here while you can.

Funnily enough my most "I want to go to" place would be some little headwater stream somewhere in New England - preferably in the Autumn - where I can catch a little Brookie in its native surroundings. Now that would be kinda cool. That and Alaska..... And the Canadian North East...... And Argentina.... and Mongolia.... and..... :mrgreen: