Still raining......

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

RickA

Re: Still raining......

Post by RickA » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:45 am

Mike62 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:28 am And yes, it's still raining. The first 12 days of the month and we've already had 5.5" of the stuff. It was pouring down at 5am this morning, too. If it ever lets up I'll go check the rain gauge. The damn lawn still thinks its May! ...irritating; I'm tired of mowing grass!
Wait... it gets better. It looks like Hurricane Lee has your neighborhood squarely in its cross hairs.
And don't worry about the grass and leaves this fall. They will be covered with that white fluffy stuff soon enough.
You and REE stay safe up there.
Mike62

Post by Mike62 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:45 pm

RickA wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:45 am
Mike62 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:28 am And yes, it's still raining. The first 12 days of the month and we've already had 5.5" of the stuff. It was pouring down at 5am this morning, too. If it ever lets up I'll go check the rain gauge. The damn lawn still thinks its May! ...irritating; I'm tired of mowing grass!
Wait... it gets better. It looks like Hurricane Lee has your neighborhood squarely in its cross hairs.
And don't worry about the grass and leaves this fall. They will be covered with that white fluffy stuff soon enough.
I know, "Bitch, bitch, bitch". We will, me and REE, we'll be fine; no worries, and thank you for the wellness check. Christ, it hasn't stopped raining all day up here! I went down to Presque Isle at noon, and when I came back I swear the Aroostook had risen another foot. I'm going to drive down to Carmel and tie REE off to a tree so he doesn't float away.
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:49 pm

Thanks, Rick. Not sure if we're already getting some of the rain from Lee or not, but this afternoon the trip from Augusta to Carmel, normally an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes, took two and a half hours. Traffic that was normally moving at 70 to 80 miles per hour was slowed to 25 to 30 MPH due to bands of heavy rain and reduced visibility.

The generator is gassed up and ready, everything that can be blown from here to kingdom come is put away or tied down. The car is going in the garage for protection from falling limbs.

I trust Mike is getting ready as well.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
Mike62

Post by Mike62 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:01 pm

Ron Eagle Elk wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:49 pm
Thanks, Rick. Not sure if we're already getting some of the rain from Lee or not, but this afternoon the trip from Augusta to Carmel, normally an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes, took two and a half hours. Traffic that was normally moving at 70 to 80 miles per hour was slowed to 25 to 30 MPH due to bands of heavy rain and reduced visibility.

The generator is gassed up and ready, everything that can be blown from here to kingdom come is put away or tied down. The car is going in the garage for protection from falling limbs.

I trust Mike is getting ready as well.
I'm going to go stand out in the yard and yell at clouds. Bastids...