Frustrating tools

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Partsman

Re: Frustrating tools

Post by Partsman » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:31 pm

Mike62, you’re absolutely right and I love tinkering with this stuff. Back in the early 80’s I bought a bear archery whitetail hunter compound bow, one of the first compounds and oh my god did I and everyone I knew tinkered with that thing. Gentlemen that I knew who were engineers could not get enough of watching those wheels turn over and the draw weight drop. Tinkering is becoming a thing of the past, but I love it.
Mike.
Mike62

Post by Mike62 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:10 pm

OMG, the amount of money I've invested in archery equipment over the years is beyond staggering. There is not a bigger group of 'tinker-happy' people on the planet than those what plays with bows and arrows. You started off with a Bear? My first compound was a York. I've got trad bows that will shoot faster than that thing ever did.

Thankfully, there isn't an archery shop within a days drive from me now. Hell, the closest fly shop is a good 3 hour drive down to Brewer, where REE hangs out.
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:53 pm

Hi guys!
Hackle pliars...Try Dorin Brand tear drop pliars! Very well engineered tool! Reasonably well finished too!
Dougsden
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
Rscconrad

Post by Rscconrad » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:04 pm

I always use liquid electric tape on my hackle pliers. I used it on this gizmo and never ha it cut the tread.