Material Supplier !!

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

MuddlerDaddy

Re: Material Supplier !!

Post by MuddlerDaddy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:08 pm

Ron Eagle Elk wrote: One supplier I've used in the past has been Mike Hogue at http://www.eflytyer.com/ . REE
Thanks REE I will check him out !!

MD
"Some men would rather be photographed with their fish than with their wives." Gwen Cooper and Evelyn Haas
FliTrap

Post by FliTrap » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:08 am

MD!
Not sure what side of your state you live and, as noted, there are a lot of great shops that can help with material! That said, you may look into Feather -Craft, out of St Louis ( http://www.feather-craft.com ). While their store / mail order can do you for most material needs, I hear tell there is some "soft hackle junkie" of a freaky guy, that they call FliTrap, who hangs out there, claiming to be a teacher of sorts.. on some Saturdays! Bet to call the store and request a seat at the tying table as they are "Free"! You get to learn or demo the tying arts while getting a rant on the merits of Flymph ways!
Think about it!
FliTrap
P.S. You spending all that time fishing in Arkansas or On the great waters of the Taney?
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:11 am

M.D., you get to these (White River system), parts often? We had a great NAFF meeting tonight. Hope you can make it for Sowbug in March. Btw, i've been a customer & friend of Mike Hogue's for over a decade.....expecting an order in any day now. He's a fellow member of the Catskill Fly Tyers Guild. We just tyed together in Montana at the FFF International Conclave. He gets materials very few other sources carry. Sign up for his monthly newsletter. ;)
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:51 pm

I made my first order from Jim's Fly Co a few weeks ago, and was very pleased. I did not realize he had stuff tucked away, not on his website. Thanks for the heads up on that.
narcodog

Post by narcodog » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:07 pm

You would be in amazement if you saw what Jim has..
"I like beer, do you like beer, I like beer a lot."
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:59 pm

Too bad he is so far away from me. I'd like to pop on over and have a "look see" for myself. :mrgreen: You know I just found a local shop a little over an hour from here. I found out about it at Toledo Bend Rendevous. I just had to pop on over there on Wednesday ya know. (I would of gone sooner, but I had obligations to handle...hmmm)
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:57 pm

Kelly, you would be amazed to see all the cool stuff Jim has........ ;) M.D., Dave Hughes has a bunch of Davy's flies with him today, as he just spent a few days fishing with Davy, and is going to be doing a book that deals with some of Davy's flies.........in this collection i was looking at earlier today.....were a couple of Davy's Muddler Daddies...............DANG they are so cool.................Misa did a drawing of one of them and a few of the other flies today. In the stash were mostly classics.......Iron Blue Dun, Alderfly, Alexander, March Brown, etc., etc......but each one was so masterfully tyed. Davy is a giant tyer/angler. ;)

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:08 pm

I just wish I could get a response from Jim. Alas, I guess I am just not one of the cool people. :?
narcodog

Post by narcodog » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:56 am

John, the best way is to call him.
"I like beer, do you like beer, I like beer a lot."
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:10 pm

John.....don't worry.....he'll catch up with you. Jim's not exactly Mr. Computer.....like Bob said, Call him. ;)