Cute little hooks.....

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

skunkaroo

Re: Cute little hooks.....

Post by skunkaroo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:37 pm

You should turn Misa on to the Knapek dry hooks. They have a seemingly short shank on them, but it's actually full length with a "square" bend. I'm actually using them for small nymph hooks--tying "french style" nymphs. Sticky sharp and as with the Hanaks they're designed as barbless hooks from the ground up. The only trick with them is that the sizing is European and the 14's are more like 16's in comparison to say a Tiemco 100 or a Mustad R50. In the smaller sizes the QC seems better.

The Jackdaw flies sound pretty cool, as per other posts it would be good to see some snaps.

Aaron
Aaron Laing, New Westminster BC
Moderator - FlyBC Flytying Forum
Stream Time Blog - Current Article: The Leggy Blond (Hawaiian bonefish pattern) (January 2011)
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:15 am

The Hanak is pretty expensive, although nice looking. Quality control is a problem on some of the Czech hooks, I've heard.
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:24 am

Aaron.....sorry bout the lack of "snaps" lately...........i just don't feel it.......the time, hassle, and energy involved.............i apologise. ;)
gettin' old sucks..........but it's that or check out........... :lol: ................. :roll:
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com