Sparkle Thread......Oh yeah!

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

willowhead

Sparkle Thread......Oh yeah!

Post by willowhead » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:10 pm

Unfortunately........i can't even remember where i sent away for this sparkle thread stuff......been orderin' to much junk lately......... :roll: ....but ya'll gotta get somma this stuff.............it's so cool. :oops: .....i just remembered it's not exactly flymph material......... :lol: ........if ya ever do mess with it though........when you go to finish off your head.........fray it just a bit first.....1/16th to an 1/8th of an inch or whatever.......not nessessarily at the tag end, but right where you will attach the thread to tye-in.........then tye-in at the front of the head, and wrap to the rear (back of the head), doing your whips as you finish.......snug it up good, and then use a razor blade to cut it off. i wish they had more colors......but it's GREAT stuff. So far i've only done Streamer style lookin' heads usin' it.....but we'll see.
Also i've only used it with blind eye hooks so far.......but it should work just fine with an eyed hook as well........of course.......give it a try. ;)
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
wayneb

Re: Sparkle Thread......Oh yeah!

Post by wayneb » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:08 am

What's "sparkle thread"??

Wayneb
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:25 am

Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
crazy4oldcars

Post by crazy4oldcars » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:41 pm

willowhead

Post by willowhead » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:39 pm

crazy, i've got LOTS of Kreinik (properly pronounced crynik), and i love the stuff.....for tips, tags and or ribbing..........but because it's on those damn spools (bobbins) it's on.....it's impossible to use for heads.....UNLESS, one were to transfere it to a regular bobbin :D .....
"and then there was light!" as in, Ding, AND Dong! :P :twisted:
course that's only gonna work with the stuff of a small enough diameter.....but no problem. ;)
gotta go buy some bobbins in the sewing section at Walmart......... :roll:

Roadkill

Post by Roadkill » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:26 pm

Willowhead,

Years ago I used a made in India long bobbin to solve my craft store Kreinik spool problem with a little custom bending.

willowhead

Post by willowhead » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:24 am

Hey now, THERE'S an "Idea." i gotta try that, PRONTO! Tkx. VERY much for the tip. i just happen to have a bobbin (holder) exactly like that one, w/ the little flared tip. Should just do the trick. Hopefully, bein' as all i want to do with the stuff, when i use it on a bobbin, is heads.....(because for tips, tags and ribbing, i just use it by hand), it shouldn't be that awkward for long periods of time. i owe you one Roadkill..... ;)