What is a "set"

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

hankaye

Re: What is a "set"

Post by hankaye » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:42 pm

FliTrap, Howdy;
Thanks for getting back about the amount of "a set". Reckon it all boils down to the situation. ie. swaps, CFR, etc....

w-h, Howdy;
willowhead wrote:.
Do you happen to know, if they (CFR) have a retreat here in Arkansas on an annual basis? i could perhaps get somethin' goin' to help supply flies for that. TKX. ;)
That info is in the link FliTrap posted.....

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin
FliTrap

Post by FliTrap » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:33 am

WillowHead,
Yes, there is a retreat in Arkansas on a yearly bases! Their first was a retreat shared with Missouri, some 8-9 years ago! That would have been the 3rd one I lent a hand in, as a River Helper!
The person you noted (Sue!) in a good friend of ours, there in VT, and is still supporting CFR, but no longer in the same position as when you would have met her!

Hankaye!
Yes, you are correct.... no gift is too small!
After going back and catching the original thread on this topic, I add, that the idea of using flies as a fund raiser is a common idea used in many clubs and organizations who want to donate the cash back to the program!
Thanks you, all who get involved to support any such program.
FliTrap
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:43 am

Hi FliTrap.....yes i head bout the time AR. & MO. did it together.....we started comming down here in '04, but didn't buy/move here til '07, or even live here full time til at least '08, and only starting now, are actually here that much. Glad to know Sue is doing well. She was a very nice person. i'll check out that link you posted. Take care, ;)
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com