Tying is soo easy.

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

daringduffer

Tying is soo easy.

Post by daringduffer » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:21 am

I saw Hans W tying flies the other week. Or.....I saw him move his hands around his vise. No hooks were to be seen. Then I saw those test clips on the table, with fragments of fly tying material on them. I had to pick up a magnifier and yes, there they were; small pieces of art on hooks size twentyeight and thirty. My favourite was a Red Tag. Don't remember if it was a 28 or a 30. I am now the owner of a produce bag wingless wet, and proud of it. Hans is the owner of a mediocre Black Spider Variant - mediocre even by my own standards. It will kill though, would he give it a swim.

Unfortunately I was not able to enjoy much of the Fly fishing fair (Stockholm). My stamina is not up to it. But I have met the man!

dd
John Dunn

Re: Tying is soo easy.

Post by John Dunn » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:21 pm

Your a lucky duffer ,daringduffer that should have been a interesting visit.

John Dunn
"The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still able." - Sparse Grey Hackle
Hans Weilenmann

Post by Hans Weilenmann » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:21 pm

Stefan,

It was very nice meeting you also. Thanks for taking the time, and the effort. I appreciated the fly swap, and yes I know I still have the B525 jobbie to complete 8-)

Cheers,
Hans W
Soft-hackle
Site Admin

Post by Soft-hackle » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:40 am

I am hoping, someday, Hans and I will meet. Actually, that goes for all of our members, but I think that's asking a lot, since we are growing by leaps and bounds.

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty.” Edward R. Hewitt

http://www.libstudio.com/FS&S
Ruard

Post by Ruard » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:36 pm

I seem the lucky man, having met Hans three times on the flyfishing club I am a member of. I remember the tying of a complete salmon fly (fulldressed??) on a hook 28 I think. The most remarkable evening was when he tied special for me a Sawayer nimf( a Pheasanttail) but complete original, only using copper tread and pheasanttail feather and a hook. What impressed me also was that he challenges you to think about what you are doing and that he never let you think that the way he thinks is the law. He is a talented tyer but when he is tying a fly for your eyes it looks so simple.
Thanks Hans.
There will allways be a solution.
http://www.aflyinholland.nl