Olives Galore

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

tie2fish

Olives Galore

Post by tie2fish » Mon May 14, 2012 10:56 am

I started looking in my dubbing bin for something "olive", and found all this. And this is before any blending ... :?

Last edited by tie2fish on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
letumgo
Site Admin

Re: Olives Galore

Post by letumgo » Mon May 14, 2012 12:02 pm

Shameful. You obviously need more shades to work with. Bring your checkbook to Roscoe. We can go shopping for more dubbing to fill out your selection.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Mon May 14, 2012 12:11 pm

I hope they take plastic ;) :D
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Mon May 14, 2012 1:10 pm

This makes me feel a little better. Looks like you've got a couple species covered. Let's see a couple.

W
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
Smuggler

Post by Smuggler » Mon May 14, 2012 4:36 pm

My MB dubbing selection looks something like that.

Don't you dare feel ashamed! :lol: :lol:
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Tue May 15, 2012 7:12 am

Bill,
Wow! If this is just the olive dubbings, I can't wait to see the others in your storehouse! Really cool!
Dougsden
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
Donald Nicolson

Post by Donald Nicolson » Thu May 24, 2012 6:19 am

Very interesting!!!!!
A couple of years ago I posted a fly picture and recipe for an Olive on a North American board,
one of the responses I got, was that olive was not much required as there were very few olive
flies on their waters. I was a bit surprised, but thought 'what do I know', I'm not fishing in the
USA. I realize that there is a whole continent of fly variation over there, but still. :?:
Donald Nicolson alias DNicolson

http://donaldnicolson.webplus.net/
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Thu May 24, 2012 7:56 am

Donald Nicolson wrote:Very interesting!!!!!
A couple of years ago I posted a fly picture and recipe for an Olive on a North American board,
one of the responses I got, was that olive was not much required as there were very few olive
flies on their waters. I was a bit surprised, but thought 'what do I know', I'm not fishing in the
USA. I realize that there is a whole continent of fly variation over there, but still. :?:
Interesting Donald. I am very surprised anyone would say there are very few olive flys on their waters. I would say that 25% to 33% of my fly patterns have olive in them. That goes for every river system that I fish. I will say this though, I dont see a need for olive hackle. As of yet, I have not witnessed a fly that had green wings. None that I ever noticed that is. I am sure there are patterns that incorporate green hackle, I just never use them.

I do use an olive dyed grizzly hackle for a few Streamer patterns, but I dont use solid green feathers.
Donald Nicolson

Post by Donald Nicolson » Thu May 24, 2012 9:52 am

That is what the replier probably meant, a rather short answer can cause confusion. :lol:
Donald Nicolson alias DNicolson

http://donaldnicolson.webplus.net/