Yes, Hank... I'm back!!

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

FliTrap

Yes, Hank... I'm back!!

Post by FliTrap » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:05 pm

Hank!
Yes... been a while since I posted! Stopped by on occasion. Missing the life and flow of this site! Life is a bit more on track, time allows and fishing again! Learning all over, how to tie with one eye going sad...LOL Right Eye dominate and not its fuzzy on a good day! Whip-finishing is a laugh! Try doing it with your Dom eye closed!!!
Reached a point of knowing, though, I had to get back to near center to find peace in self! I'll try to get back up to chatty self as I go! Found a guy willing to get me back to the waters!
You all take care!
Fish everyday you are blessed to do so!
FliTrap
hankaye

Re: Yes, Hank... I'm back!!

Post by hankaye » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:06 pm

FliTrap, Howdy;

Good to hear from ya, also good that you are getting back into the flow, so-to-speak ...
Working through the crap life throws at us it what (sorta), makes like interesting, also
frustrating but interesting none the less. Looking forward to more from ya in the future.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin
FliTrap

Post by FliTrap » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:31 pm

Thanks for the Welcome!
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:03 pm

FliTrap, Welcome back. I know what you mean about the eyes going bad. My non-dominant eye (left) has developed a wander to the left and my dominant eye is developing a cataract. Kind of like looking through cellophane. No depth perception at close ranges. Watching me mount thread on a hook must be hilarious, just locating the hook with the thread takes for ever. It takes some doing, but things will get easier as you adapt to your vision problems. Muscle memory is a wonderful thing.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
FliTrap

Post by FliTrap » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:23 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, Ron E.E.!
Yes.... Had to stop efforts and stand up to laugh a few times at the tying desk, last evening! There was no clear texture in looking at small flies.... details blurring together, proportions out of sink and even colors were off!
I went on to step up fly sizes, sorted back through the hackles to match sizes and all... Not saying they are near production days of tying.... but they are surely "impressionistic" enough to qualify as "cripples and spinners", as well as a few "stuck in the shuck"!
Stuff on a hook.... and nothing better then working a whip-finishing tool for 4-5 spins, only to find out I missed the end of the hook, all together! :x Do you know what that does to thread?

Now comes "blind" casting from a drift boat.... moving down stream at current speed...LOL
If all else fails, I'll brake out in a round of "Deck the Halls...." as I hang these cuties in the stream side trees!
My only hope is that I'll be able to stick with it to burn through the 1000's of hooks and all those tote boxes of "stuff" that fills the tying cave, before the wife concludes its only "junk" collecting dust. :ugeek:
I'll try throwing a curve in here on occasion! The text size is easily can still jack up a few more notches! :lol:
You all take care!
FliTrap