KInkame Partridge and Orange

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Roadkill

KInkame Partridge and Orange

Post by Roadkill » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:42 pm

Mataura mayfly,

Here is a Tenkara P&O tied with Kinkame 50 silk to bulk up the body as we discussed in the Starling and Purple thread.

Thanks for the inspiration I have several more colors to tie when I get some more hooks! :D
Mataura mayfly

Re: KInkame Partridge and Orange

Post by Mataura mayfly » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:51 pm

I have no doubt it is spectacular.
But, owing to something I do not fully understand, I cannot view your image of this or any other fly you have posted nor your avatar.
I am guessing it has something to do with where you store your online photographs and my firewall or security settings. Only seems to pick on yours, every other image on the forum is fine and I can see them normally, just seems to be your personal photographs and not ones you have linked to. :twisted: :roll:
Bit of a headache, but I will try my best to put it right and report back. :ugeek:

So, did you order your Kinkame silk from Britex?
"Listen to the sound of the river and you will get a trout".... Irish proverb.
hankaye

Post by hankaye » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:00 pm

Roadkill, Howdy;

Your pix and avatar show-up for me, very excellent looking fly Roadkill-san.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin
Roadkill

Post by Roadkill » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:28 pm

"So, did you order your Kinkame silk from Britex?"

I picked out the colors in person on a trip before you got your silk. Sorry about the photos on your computer, they come from another US fishing board server.
Mataura mayfly

Post by Mataura mayfly » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:53 am

They have a really good selection of colours up there on the 4th floor.
When I was there it was kind of an impulse thing and I did not have a tying colour chart to compare colours, so I stuck with the obvious of black, brown, purple, red, white, grey, yellow, gold in a couple of shades and a couple of very nice olive shades.
Since then, a lot of wonderful flymph friends have sent over genuine Pearsall silks and the Kinkame has taken a bit of a back seat. Personally, I was using a working thread to hold the initial tag end of the silk to the shank, using the working thread to carry the silk to the bend, working thread back to thorax/hackle position and wrap the silk up in touching turns, tying off at the thorax or behind the hackle. Thus only a single shank wrap of the silk made a slimmer body and using the working thread made for a finer head/tie off of the finished fly.

No need to apologise, it will be something at my end that is blocking things. Something like firewall or antivirus settings.......
"Listen to the sound of the river and you will get a trout".... Irish proverb.
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:18 am

Bill, what a great looking kebari. Just a beautiful taper and the hackle tones are a nice compliment to the silk. I hope to do more Tenkara style fishing this season. This would be my first fly of choice.
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:31 am

Well done, Mr. Kill. ;)
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
Roadkill

Post by Roadkill » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:44 pm

Mm,

I picked up a similar color assortment as well. :D I also usually tie it in with a working thread of Pearsall's Gossamer. The first P&Os I tied with the Kinkame I wrapped just as you did. Then I changed by starting at the catch point with just tight turns of the heavy silk toward the bend and returning to the catch with wider open turns of the Kinkame as a rib. This way there is no overwrap of the Pearsall down and back just the added thickness of the rib.