Jungle Cock Soft Hackle

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Variant

Re: Jungle Cock Soft Hackle

Post by Variant » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:06 pm

John,
Great looking fly, I like the way you used the balance of the hackle for a flymph style pattern. That kind of thinking goes along with holiday candy wrappers for body material .😀

Lou
In sport,method is everything.The more the skill the method calls for,the higher it’s yield of emotional stir and satisfaction,the higher it’s place must be in a sportsman’s scale of values. RODERICK HAIG-BROWN
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:15 pm

Superb! That is such a beautiful pattern.

Can you post the full recipe? I’d like to plagiarize your pattern. :twisted: ;) :D
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:35 pm

:twisted: ;)
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:48 pm

John,
You are exactly right with "Shanerizing" the fur(s) in this and any other pattern you tie with fur! We owe John S. a huge THANK YOU for this method of fur blending! I have a box in my den closet that has the pickle jar, paper towels, and the coffee grinder (a gift from our late friend, Bill Shuck) for homogenizing the furs at hand! I have found squirrel fur to be especially pleasing to work and tie with! It has just the right soft spikiness for making some boss patterns! A recent discovery....pine squirrel! Wow! Super soft! Both Red Fox Squirrels and Grays are pretty special too!
I too have wondered about Jungle Cock as a hackle! It seems a shame to toss out the waste (butt) end of a perfectly good feather like Jungle Cock! You have done a good a beautiful thing with your pattern above!
Dougsden
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.