The Artistic flies of Mark Romero

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

kanutripr

Re: Artistic JazzFlies

Post by kanutripr » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:38 am

Mark I would love to see this fly from a couple of different angles. Top, flat on side and end view. Darn it man stop being a stubborn father of a mule and get a freakin' photobucket account already! :lol:

Vicki
Listen with your ears, hear with your heart.
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:50 am

Don't worry bout it Ray.....we all screw up on occassion.....but the meaning is always clear. It's all part of the learning to see with your ears and hear with your eyes process the music teaches us. Aint nothin' to it. Long as you listenin' hard enough. ;)
Vicki, i don't have time for all that..........it's frickin' "ENOUGH ALREADY" havin' to take a pic, and all the rest of it...........i apologise for the lousy pics......but "what you see, is what you get." :D Most of my flies (hell, all of my flies) are so technically flawed, you don't wanna see pics any better than your already getting anyway. But that's not the point with Art.....you know the drill. :D Everything i do is so unorthadox, you need to use a new set of asthetic sensibilities to understand it anyway........what i mean is.....just keep an open mind about it as far as "fly tying" is concerned. Your looking at paintings, or sculptures.........not flies, per say. ;)
You really wanna groove.........get your butt on a plane and come here and hang. 8-)
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:58 am

Mark ~ That one's Grrrrrrrrreat!
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
kanutripr

Post by kanutripr » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:50 am

willowhead wrote:Your looking at paintings, or sculptures.........not flies, per say. ;)
Exactly! And when I go to the gallery to look at sculptures I wanna see them from ALL sides and I wanna touch em.... :lol: Course they frown on that but I like to see them from all angles. Art is a sensory experience and you just feel ripped when you're deprived of that :lol: so get a GD PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT!

Vicki
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:45 pm

willowhead wrote:Ok, i'm goin' for another pic post...... :lol: i really doubt i have any space(s) left though. We'll see.........here goes. DANG, it went through. :D
i did this night before last........the tag is Kreinik, the tail and rear wing (bead veiling top and bottom), is black PB.....the main wing and throat, is white PB, white Bird Fur, and some synthetic on top.......the tail and top bead veiling have some KF in them. The eye is blue and the dubbing a very dark muted blue.....the front portion of the body is a black and gold braided sorta synthetic hackle.....the collar is saddle and dyed black Blue Eared..... ;)
Mark, that fly is fantastic. I looked at all the pictures in this thread last night. Tremendous talent going on here, that is for sure. :D
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:27 pm

:lol: w/Bill..... ;)

Vicki, meet Kelly. Kelly lives in Texas and has been tyin' bout as long as you have. i spent a good portion of the last two days helping her get a copy of Forgotten Fliess off ebay for $285. A steal in today's market. These are the kinds of things that i'd rather invest my time doing.....as opposed to worryin' bout a pic.............so read my lips..........i will not be getting a photobucket account............... :roll: :P :twisted:
Get that plane ticket and you can do all the touching you like. :lol: :D :lol: Plus fish. :)

Kelly, thank you for the kind words.....i hope you enjoy your time here. 8-)

crazy4oldcars

Post by crazy4oldcars » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:13 pm

Kelly L?.... Wouldn't perhaps be Kelkay, would it? :shock:
Either way, Welcome!

Kirk
kanutripr

Post by kanutripr » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:35 am

Yeah, yeah. :lol:

Welcome Kelly. The guys will be surrounded now.

Vicki
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:48 am

Btw girl.....bout time YOU posted some fly pics. lmao..... ;)

willowhead

Post by willowhead » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:44 pm

Vicki, the way i display them (in corks), at home and at shows is so they can be seen from every angle.....and most (NO RUGRATS), people are allowed to pick them up and check 'em out. For years i had gigantic fly displayes on my table at shows..........dozens and dozens on display, but i got so tired of having to spend (litterally) half (or more) of my tying time, "fixing"/"reprimping" all the damn flies because some frickin' rug rat (or adult), had screwed up again........the domino affect for one thing............. :roll: :evil: So nowdays i have a digital frame with a slide show and just a half dozen to a dozen and a half actual flies on the table. SURE makes life easier. And it'll keep me outta jail.....cause sooner or later.............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wait'll you see my new tatoo...........the lady who did it, is a GENIUS!!!!! She be BAD!!!!! :D :D :D