Flytiers sure have a way at making things difficult
Variant

Re: Ashy

Post by Variant » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:01 am

Norm,
Well done!
That is a great pattern.

Lou
In sport,method is everything.The more the skill the method calls for,the higher it’s yield of emotional stir and satisfaction,the higher it’s place must be in a sportsman’s scale of values. RODERICK HAIG-BROWN
nfrechet

Post by nfrechet » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:02 am

thank you
ronr

Post by ronr » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:52 am

Mr. Norm... what is your mission on the forum.... I realize you can tie beautiful flies, but what do you do with all of them?
nfrechet

Post by nfrechet » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:15 am

ronr wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:52 am Mr. Norm... what is your mission on the forum.... I realize you can tie beautiful flies, but what do you do with all of them?
1. mission? - to show other tyers different fly patterns that they may never have seen before and just might want to tie

2. what do i do with all of them - some i fish (when my back lets me stand for longer than 20 minutes at a time) and the rest go into a large plano storage box

i'm retired and tying flies is my hobby. its better than watching paint dry or watching grass grow

maybe i tie and post too many flies on this forum? sounds like i shouldnt
Oenophileangler

Post by Oenophileangler » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:32 am

Norm, please keep posting. I enjoy looking at your flies. I doubt that the server is running out of room because of you. I don't think that Ron dislikes your posts. Besides, there is a "foe" function in the unlikely case that someone doesn't want to view what you tie.

I must say, though, if I couldn't fish, I don't think I would tie. I have back problems, but it's worse when I sit for long periods of time.

Dale
Mike62

Post by Mike62 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:39 am

nfrechet wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:15 am
ronr wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:52 am Mr. Norm... what is your mission on the forum.... I realize you can tie beautiful flies, but what do you do with all of them?
1. mission? - to show other tyers different fly patterns that they may never have seen before and just might want to tie

2. what do i do with all of them - some i fish (when my back lets me stand for longer than 20 minutes at a time) and the rest go into a large plano storage box

i'm retired and tying flies is my hobby. its better than watching paint dry or watching grass grow

maybe i tie and post too many flies on this forum? sounds like i shouldnt
You should continue to post all the flies you want; I for one, love to see what you post. I've already stolen a boatload of your patterns and I'd like like to keep stealing them. Carry on!
ronr

Post by ronr » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:50 pm

not suggesting in any way that Norm should post fewer flies... just a curiosity question. I don't know the gentleman and was merely asking about his motives. We all tie and post for our own reasons.. the fellow that first taught me to tie, did so purely for the art, and was long beyond fishing them.
I tie because I enjoy it and I like fishing with the flies I tie. To each his own.
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:28 pm

ronr wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:50 pm not suggesting in any way that Norm should post fewer flies... just a curiosity question. I don't know the gentleman and was merely asking about his motives. We all tie and post for our own reasons.. the fellow that first taught me to tie, did so purely for the art, and was long beyond fishing them.
I tie because I enjoy it and I like fishing with the flies I tie. To each his own.
Agreed
tworod

Post by tworod » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:40 am

When does an Ashy become a muskrat nymph, gray muskrat, gray nymph, etal??
Grizzly and muskrat, so many names. It has to be good.