MT Promises

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

letumgo
Site Admin

Re: MT Promises

Post by letumgo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:24 pm

Thanks RIck - I believe this was a size 12 hook, but anything in the hook size range of 8 down to 14 would work. I do not normally strip peacock sword fibers. I generally leave them whole (fibers on both sides). I recommend reinforcing them in a thread dubbing loop to make the fly more durable. I would recommend my POP fly, if your going for steelhead. It has proven to be a very effective fishing fly. I've even scaled it up to larger sizes, with good results. Let me know if you need help finding the patterns. I can point you in the right direction.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
Lonewolve

Post by Lonewolve » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:40 pm

Ray,
sorry for the confusuion what i meant was that when using the sword fibers do you use a left and a right feather to get the fibers,most swords i have seen seem to be from either the left side or right side not sure if peacock sword feathers have a "center tail" and yes i love these three aforementioned patterns of yours,the under body of the candy apple patterns seems to really jump out and i like the pattern with the marker colored abdomen as well as that Blue color of the peacock sword seems to scream Cattaraugurus Chrome,and the Oak and Niagara would also get a hellish amount of tugs,Ever get to the Salmon in early Septemeber Ray hang on to your rod Skamania love to snatch swung Softhackles as well as Aid's Marabou,and Cook's Popsicles.
Size 12 3906? hmmn I'm not sure i like the new mustad hooks , i prefer the ol 94842 ,and the 3906, as well as 3906b.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace
p.s. time for some shut eye 515 am comes early and i want to get a buck hopefully tomorrow ,missed a 6 pointer on monday right before dark,damn buckfever,never shot at a buck that close before,also never got buckfever before during rifleseason.
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:14 pm

Good luck on your hunt tomorrow!

PS - I know what you mean about the 3906 & 3906B hooks. The classic models are (were) some of my favorite hooks. The new versions (S80-3906 and S82-3906B) have the advantage of smaller barbs and sharper points, but they do not seem as heavy (beefy). I liked the weight of the heavier hook (patterns sink quickly).
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean