Chicken or Egg

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

hankaye

Re: Chicken or Egg

Post by hankaye » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:13 am

Otter,
I find that the mental gymnastics that you enjoy so much are far better for me to enjoy as you relate them rather than for myself to attempt. Primaraly due to the fact that I am still a novice at fly fishing.
I am enjoying the insights that you as well as others are allowing me to have so that I may be better armed when I do get to go wet a line.
Thanks,
hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin
Otter

Post by Otter » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:51 pm

Mental Gymnastics, hmm more like mental bull.... :D , half of what i write is mere thinking aloud - some possibly not without truth but like 99% that anyone has ever written about fly fishing pure conjecture. I find that putting it out there that some may respond and open up other possibilities.

The great thing about soft hackles and flymphs is that you have to make choices, loosely suggestive or more precise imitations. Unlike dries - colour , translucency and movement or lack of movement would seem to be of utmost importance on many rivers for wets - and such complexities when though about can really rattle the grey matter during the close season.
GlassJet

Post by GlassJet » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:05 pm

Otter wrote: and such complexities when though about can really rattle the grey matter during the close season.
Otter - what you need, is grayling... ;) :lol:

Andrew.

(makes fly fishing a 12 month of the year sport, practically - if you have them in your river, for those who don't know what I'm talking about!)
"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." ~ Pablo Picasso 8)