WIRE WOVEN CORIXA

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

lauriel

WIRE WOVEN CORIXA

Post by lauriel » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:15 am

Hi Guys
this is a patterns i have used with great success on the rivers and still waters.
HOOK- Partridge pre leaded grub hook
thread - 8/0 black
body - silver and black utc wire
legs-claret cock pheasant tail
First tie in a bunch of the cock pheasant pointing forwards,then set the tying thred to the back of the hook resting 1/16" from the end of the pre-leaded body.
Then tie in the silver and black wire and bring the silk all the way back up the hook ad tie off.
You will find ir near impossible to weave the body with the thread hanging.
Weave the wire right up to the eye of the hook, then fold back the cock pheasant and form a head,two or three coats of varnishe and you are ready to fish.
Be aware as to my cost last year if you miss cast and the fly hits the rod it is goodbye.
The weight of the fly is incredible and sinks like a stone
Enjoy
William Anderson
Site Admin

Re: WIRE WOVEN CORIXA

Post by William Anderson » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:39 pm

This looks spot on. A black nymphy pattern on the bottom is always a good idea. I find that if I use a beadhead or a heavy weighted nymph...I usually forget that knocking your rod with the fly can be expensive. I've been lucky not to break a rod tip, but I've come close. Nice pattern.

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
letumgo
Site Admin

Re: WIRE WOVEN CORIXA

Post by letumgo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:49 pm

I imagine steelhead would love this fly. It would tend to fish deeply, which is my favorite way to fish for steelhead. Thanks for sharing.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean