KANUTRIPR'S FLY

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

willowhead

Re: KANUTRIPR'S FLY

Post by willowhead » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:44 pm

Vicki, i've figured out how to mail your fly.....i'm going to do it the same way i mailed another fly to a friend in Sweden.....in a denture case. :lol: You'll see.....i hadda modify the case and remove the plastic sheeting that usually holds the dentures in place when they are being shipped. Then i clued a cork inside to hold the fly. Should get there with no problem. You may need to steam the fly after it gets to you, to get the hackle back nice again.....but that's nothin'. Just make sure you use hemos to hold the fly in the steam and to keep your hand outta the way. Any tea kettle will create enough steam. Aint no biggie.

Ray, you fly is ready for photographing and then shipping. i don't ever remember mailing anything as big as a 7/0 fly before. So i dunno what i'm gonna do..........yet. :D But i should have a pic up soon.
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
kanutripr

Post by kanutripr » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:02 am

:) :) :)
Listen with your ears, hear with your heart.
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:35 am

Vicki, your beads and hooks arrive yet :?:

kanutripr

Post by kanutripr » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:18 am

Are you kidding?! Things take forever to get here! It could be Christmas next year! Just kidding. If it only takes a week and a half that will be quick. I will let you know right away, or maybe after I'm done drooling over them. :lol:

Vicki
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:48 am

Vicki, I think you're walking a fine line...and beautifully done at that. :)

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:41 pm

Jeeze.....i keep forgetting your in Canada.....don't tell nobody............ :lol:

kanutripr

Post by kanutripr » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:55 pm

Heee Heee Heee

Tables are turned this time huh?

Oh and thanks William. Just trying to push the envelope just enough to keep out of trouble. :lol:

Vicki
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:34 pm

Vicki, you should of been a ballerina..... :D
we just got home.....hadda go to the dealership for some paperwork.....the DMV for registration after the county tax office to pay them, to the bank, the post office, Walmart for food, the auto insurance place and we're gonna save there ;) , and then we got home 5 minutes before our company for the next 5 days got here. Jack and Mary K Janco from Texas.
Jack's the president of the Red River Fly Fishers and he has FFF Southern Council meetings and a retreat to attend (locally), this weekend. They always stay with us during Sowbug and the Southern Council Conclave and we stay at their place in McKinney for Fly Fish Texas and the Red River Tye-In and other events in that part of Texas. Saving eachother hotel expense is just the start of all the big fun we have together.....they're a great couple. They brought sea food, steaks, Lasanga, all kinna other goodies, and wine.....mmmmmmmmm. Boy do they ever know the meaning of not showin' up bowlegged. :lol:
i got Mary K in to tye at both local events here originally (she does killer Butterflies and Hummingbirds), and now Jack is also goin' to start tyin' at both events as well. And we'll all be together down in San Antonio for the FFF Gulf Coast Council Conclave in May.....it's gonna be at the Crown Plaza Hotel on the River Walk.....i can't wait. GOTTA do that one at least once. If you've never been to the River Walk in San Antonio.....do it sometime. It's well worth it.....very cool scene. i was there with a band once in bout '96..... 8-)