Good job!

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Soft-hackle
Site Admin

Good job!

Post by Soft-hackle » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:02 pm

I just wanted to let all those that have been posting flies, here recently, that I've been enjoying them, immensely. Thanks for continuing to inspire me. :)

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty.” Edward R. Hewitt

http://www.libstudio.com/FS&S
Ruard

Re: Good job!

Post by Ruard » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:48 am

It was my pleasure, all that positive feedback :D

greeting
There will allways be a solution.
http://www.aflyinholland.nl
garyk

Post by garyk » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Well said Mark! I check this site daily and often search through older posts. The creativity here is like no other site I know. Thanks to all for keeping this site running. Fly tying wouldn't be the same without it!

Cheers,
Gary
michaelgmcgraw

Post by michaelgmcgraw » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:52 pm

Great job you folks posting all those great flies! This site is my favorite place to be. I spend a lot of time reading through
both new and old pages.
Eventually I will get a decent camera post some flies.
hankaye

Post by hankaye » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Howdy All;

I'll agree with the above, all of it.
I spend quite a bit of time going through the older posts trying to figureout how they were done... Not much luck but I'mm working on it.
THANK YOU ALL!
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:22 pm

I agree whole heartedly! Everyone's posts, patterns and discussion are a great inspiration to me.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:21 pm

Hey guys.............i am POOPED! but i absolutely agree that all ya'll are good for the spirit. And your flies are definately inspirational..........i had a great time with Old Hat (Carl) at the show in Boise, and the show was terriffic!. We had a ball. Somehow, i never got the email (from the tying chair in Boise), asking us if we wanted shirts or tickets to the dinner on Sat. (last) night, so when we got over to the Double Tree Hotel for the event after the show, we couldn't get in........well, we managed to save $60.oo in tickets, and whatever else we would of spent on drinks, and bidding on "Stuff." :D :D :D Instead, we ended up in a GREAT Japanese steak house. ;) But, i scored two books, (one at each show), one piece of artwork on the road, three pieces of artwork at the Boise show, and a truck load of materials at both shows........so all's well that ends well. :lol:
Tonight (Sun.), we're in Ogden, Utah, tomorrow night we'll be in Cheyanne, Wyoming, Tue. in Hays, Kansas, and home on Wed. GO JETS!!!!! 8-)
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:41 pm

Mark,
I am glad that you are pleased with those who are snapping pictures left and right. Please welcome our newest photographer and wonderful tyer, Bill Shuck (tie2fish). It is a great marriage of Bills unbelievable tying skills and now his ability to chronicle them and share them with everyone! We look forward to future photo fest's from Bill and all the great ones on this amazing forum!
Keep up the great work gentlemen and ladies,
Dougsden
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:32 am

:oops:
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
daringduffer

Post by daringduffer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:03 pm

Soft-hackle wrote:I just wanted to let all those that have been posting flies, here recently, that I've been enjoying them, immensely. Thanks for continuing to inspire me. :)

Mark
This is more valid than ever. I could not agree more!!

dd