Stewart Black Spider

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

willowhead

Re: Stewart Black Spider

Post by willowhead » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:21 pm

i'llllllllll be........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i just got back from the post office and HOLY **** the SGM Wet Fly swap flies have "Finally" arrived..............lmao.............and on Valentines Day no less.........well, what the heck it's only two holidays late. :D Case of all good things i spose......... :roll:
Nik, you fly is gorgeous...........so little............and way classy. ALL the flies are terrific. Narco, if you see this.....your Scarlet Ibis KILLS! And Jim, you fly is fantastic.....thankx for hosting...... :P 's and all. ;)
p.s. hank, you hooks are in the mail.....
Ruard, same for your book.....
Bill, same for the Nemes swap flies.....
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:46 pm

Nik,

Excellent dressing of Baillie's (Stewart's) Spider. Very nice tutorial as well. So nice to see the quill bodied flies you tie so well on your blog.

REE
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
John Dunn

Post by John Dunn » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:05 pm

I was thinking the same thing Ree, I really like quill bodies, I think they have it all ,slim profile color contrast well you know .a fine job on the blog good looking flies.

John Dunn
"The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still able." - Sparse Grey Hackle
Roadkill

Post by Roadkill » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:32 am

Definitely a fly I admire! :D