Fluro A#$*d BWO

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

willowhead

Re: Fluro A#$*d BWO

Post by willowhead » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:40 am

i hope it's still there. The owner met his wife in Thailand back in the 60's or 70's i think. He's English i believe. Just incredable food. i miss London. Used to be one of my most favorite places. i worked a lot of other places all over England (concerts), and in London as well.....but Ronnie's was always the best. We were usually there for a two week stint, so it gave us a chance to rest (no travel cept back and forth to and from the hotel or whatever), and have a couple Mondays off. Worked Royal Albert Hall a couple times. That's a hell of a nice venue. ;)
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:03 am

You're Right, Mark, things aren't the way they were for us, but everything comes around and my day will come again...however, I'll post a thread in the cabin for the next IBF Hot Spot Swap. I'll start devising my hot spot spider asap. You, Karsten and myself make 3 who else is in?
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:04 am

William Anderson wrote:You're Right, Mark, things aren't the way they were for us, but everything comes around and my day will come again...however, I'll post a thread in the cabin for the next IBF Hot Spot Swap. I'll start devising my hot spot spider asap. You, Karsten and myself make 3 who else is in?
I would give that a try.
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
fly_fischa

Post by fly_fischa » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:07 am

Thanks William, I look forward to this , it'll be fun :D
DNicolson

Post by DNicolson » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:42 pm

I'm glad you liked the fly ff, it was quite a successful fly.
Ronnie Scotts was a favourite of mine when I lived in London, I think I first went there in 1958 and through
the 60s and 70s. It was the best Jazz venue in London, probably the UK. I used to go every Friday and
often Saturdays as well. Happy days. Then the coolest look in town could be seen there, and the coolest music heard.
In those days the 'birds' were most impressed by it.
To get back to the subject, I think I could maybe dress a few flies for a swap, if it does not get too big.
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:09 pm

Karsten, welcome to your first IBF swap. This should be interesting, maybe even the farthest we've ever strayed.

Donald, I set the limit at 15, just for that reason. I love these swaps and they usually fill up in a matter of hours, which is a credit to this group as being invested in the community. I feel like I made a faux pas in setting the limit to 12 for swap #15 and we ended up with parallel swaps a and b, which worked out well, but was a bit confusing initially. Maybe it would be best if we just did them more often and more people could participate, but I find them hard to resist. Thrilled you're in on this one and we'll hold the number to 15.

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Glad i sent that PM, thankx for steppin' up William........definately gonna be a cool swap. PM me with any special request ("extras"), on the hooks tip. ;) OR, i'll just surprise you. :D
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com