Tup's Swap Photos

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Smuggler

Re: Tup's Swap Photos

Post by Smuggler » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:49 pm

The photography really did these flies proper justice.
I missed a hell of a swap.
Very cool guys.
redietz

Post by redietz » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Carl -
Thanks for hosting this swap. The pictures are outstanding.

The flies are pretty nice, too.
Bob
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Stellar photography job Carl. Remarkable set of flies.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
Soft-hackle
Site Admin

Post by Soft-hackle » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:24 pm

The Tups has always been a favorite fly of mine. What a wonderful array of interpretations on this beautiful and productive pattern. Thanks for sharing.

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty.” Edward R. Hewitt

http://www.libstudio.com/FS&S
VERN-O

Post by VERN-O » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:56 am

I'll shadow Mark with one of my favorite soft hackles!....and by looking at the photos, the depth of the talent on this forum runs deep. Stunning work folks
!
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:27 pm

You folks outdid yourselves on these little gems. I wish I had seen the swap notice before it was too late. If I had those flies, I definitely believe they are also worthy of a nice frame. Those flies are all just killer. I loved everyone's take on this awesome pattern. These are definitely a collector's paradise in my opinion. :D Bravo each and every one of you.
Old Hat

Post by Old Hat » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:29 pm

I will be mailing the flies out Monday everyone.

It was a busy week for me with a couple wrestling tournaments (I coach a 6,7,8 grade team). Also, I wanted everyone to know that Jeff submitted two different flies for everyone, I did not notice the second pattern until after I posted the pictures. I had to borrow a macro lens from a friend as I forgot about having to photograph the flies and sent my fly camera with my wife and 13 year old son to some islands in Southern Chile for a church mission. Anyhow, I had given the camera lens back and that friend is out of town as well. So Jeff's second fly will remain unphotographed for now and will be a surprise to all in the coming packages.

Sorry for the mishap Jeff, and sorry to everyone for being a just a bit behind on the outgoing mailing.
I hate it when I think I'm buying organic vegetables, and when I get home I discover they are just regular donuts.
http://www.oldhatflytying.com
Mataura mayfly

Post by Mataura mayfly » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:37 pm

No worries Carl, as we had discussed- as much my fault as anyone's. :oops: Besides some things are better left un-photographed! :lol:
I started early on the tying for this swap and had a lot of "variations" trying to decide of something different but yet traditional, the other set was better being sent over as it does not mimic any natural insects we have here.
Having said that- the idea a Tup fly might mimic a hatching fry with egg sack is an interesting subject and a pattern that might work here.
"Listen to the sound of the river and you will get a trout".... Irish proverb.