Daring Duffer Series - Knekestorparen

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

William Anderson
Site Admin

Re: Daring Duffer Series - Knekestorparen

Post by William Anderson » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:33 pm

I'm looking forward to fishing these. I have a glut of small black soft-hackles in my boxes, a few with crow herl bodies, but this has some character to it. Thanks for bringing this fly to light.

Lance, that original pic is fantastic.

Here's one of my efforts tied on a vintage Mustad 57552

"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:36 pm

That is essentially perfect, William.
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
daringduffer

Post by daringduffer » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:00 pm

Cool pale version of the fly on a hook intended to "kill". Can't remember ever seeing that hook before.
What did the body fiber feather look like?
It would be nice to see a version with a hackle from hooded crow, jay, waterhen or something like that, with the same body.
When you find some time and inspiration...

dd
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:34 am

Thank you, Bill, although I'm making notes of several adjustments that would put this closer to accurate. Another wrap of the white portion, a turkey feather with a stark transition from white to a darker tone, and although not called for, a very fine silver rib wouldn't hurt this fly.

DD, thanks again for prompting this tie. I especially like your second fly in the initial post with the more textured body and hook used. Really convinced me to put a few in my box. Your suggestion of various hackle types is a good one. I do carry several black flies of this "type" in several hackles and body materials, but essentially a modest profile in body taper with texture and size. From Williams Favourite to some crow hurl bodies, these are just the thing at times. Thanks again.

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:12 am

Bumping an old thread
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
swellcat

Post by swellcat » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:05 am

SL stands for Sveneric Loodh. I won't tell you what Sedge stands for. The fly also goes by the name "The Pastor". I'm sure you can understand why.

[image not available]

Google Translate doesn't clarify "Sveneric Loodh". Maybe the missing photo told the story.
ronr

Post by ronr » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:58 am

Gentlemen...it is threads such as this one that has attracted me most to this forum. The history and personal accounts of the members use and tying of these flies is amazing.
The personal connections many of you have with those who have made lasting contributions to the art of tying and the sport of fishing is wonderful to hear about.
Thanks for the pictures of these famous flies, and sharing your knowledge.