Overload

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Kelly L.

Re: Overload

Post by Kelly L. » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:01 pm

Otter, after you get over the overload, you know we will have a place set out for you. I was a bit bewildered by some recent posts. Maybe it is because I have been busy here doing yard work, showered, exhausted, reading many posts...then that particular one. I like being a cheerleader when I see a fly that moves me. Most flies will catch fish, if you choose the right one, at the right time. I am still learning about that. I have only been fly tying and fishing for four years. Before that I was strictly a conventional angler. Some flies just speak to me. (not literally of course...lol) I have always been a fan of art. I think even some of my ugliest flies will catch fish. I strive to do the best I can do though. I don't get into any hurry to tie. That takes all the fun out of it. I just tie whatever the mood strikes, that is when I do my best work, usually. I am thinking about this, as I type. It seems I never get caught up on my forums anymore. Spring is a busy time for me, especially. I really enjoy this forum, and the people. They are always willing to help, and give advice too. I think of this place like family. I may be late on reading stuff, okay, maybe a lot. But I do try to keep up. I have learned so much here. I have also made friends here. Even if I have never met anyone in person, I still think of you all as my friends. Peace out. :D
michaelgmcgraw

Post by michaelgmcgraw » Sat May 18, 2013 1:33 pm

Otter, I'll miss your posts/stories. Do what you have to do & come back when you can.
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Sat May 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Some times I think I know how you feel Norm. For a couple years I have tryed to prove you can catch fish with wets nymphing them. Truth be told, nymphs work as good if not better than flymphs, when nymphing. When the majority of a forum could care less what you say, feel, or post, it's easy to make a dash for Tibet. I wish I could join you..

Yours in the sport,

Wayne
fflutterffly

Post by fflutterffly » Sat May 18, 2013 9:29 pm

Whenever I see a note such as this I of children/adult leaving their home for the last time, moving on into a new life. The same burn out has happened to me, thinking there is nothing I can contribute. I continue to stand at the edge, looking in through the cracks, waiting for a glimmer of an idea that might help me improve. I get your point. I understand. But please remember to call, don't talk to strangers and wear your warm coat in the snow. We'll be waiting for your call.
"Every day a Victory, Every year a Triumph" Dan Levin (My Father)