Flymphs for the Henry's Fork

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Mataura mayfly

Re: Flymphs for the Henry's Fork

Post by Mataura mayfly » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:01 am

Hackle choice can sure make a difference in how a flymph style fly performs and behaves in the water, that is a nice choice for your intended style.

I have a good friend that has a lodge of sorts on the Forks, he has regaled stories of the bird life and many of the differences with the fishing there compared to here when he visits. A visit to that famous part of the world and the water therein is still on my bucket list. ;)
"Listen to the sound of the river and you will get a trout".... Irish proverb.
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:06 am

Mataura mayfly wrote: A visit to that famous part of the world and the water therein is still on my bucket list. ;)
Pick me up on your way... You can be designated driver! :)
Mataura mayfly

Post by Mataura mayfly » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:15 am

DUBBN wrote:
Mataura mayfly wrote: A visit to that famous part of the world and the water therein is still on my bucket list. ;)
Dubbn, are you mad???
We drive on the correct side of the road here- if I am a driver in the States I naturally get in the passenger side- if something give me a start whilst driving I will veer to the left for safety as a natural instinct, that tends to get you in more trouble over there.
Oh, I hate driving auto trans as well- just to add to the fun. :o :shock: :lol: A road trip with me driving Stateside will leave you feeling a lot older a lot frailer and I dare say a lot greyer. If headed to such hallowed water one needs to be able to cast (not shake) when you get there.
"Listen to the sound of the river and you will get a trout".... Irish proverb.
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:18 am

Mataura mayfly wrote:
DUBBN wrote:
Dubbn, are you mad???
We drive on the correct side of the road here- if I am a driver in the States I naturally get in the passenger side- if something give me a start whilst driving I will veer to the left for safety as a natural instinct, that tends to get you in more trouble over there.
Oh, I hate driving auto trans as well- just to add to the fun. :o :shock: :lol: A road trip with me driving Stateside will leave you feeling a lot older a lot frailer and I dare say a lot greyer. If headed to such hallowed water one needs to be able to cast (not shake) when you get there.
Well, I call dibs on designated drinker so learn to drive in the "wrong" lane. :lol:
Eric Peper

Post by Eric Peper » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:43 am

You both would be most welcome. Suggest after July 15 so you can miss the most "social fishing" segment of the season. :-) And Jeff, should you choose to drive, we'll simply explain any mishaps with the explanation, "He's from Utah." OK, it's an inside joke, but anyone who fishes Idaho know what I mean. Some of us believe there's a "check station" at the southern border of Idaho where Utah migrants deposit their brains on their way North.

Eric
A mountain is a fact -- a trout is a moment of beauty known only to men who seek them.
Al McClane in his Introduction to The Practical Fly Fisherman . . . often erroneously attributed to Arnold Gingrich
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:43 pm

Eric, the Green Drake was out of this world. The body work and the hackle nicely topped it off...loved it. :D