Poult Grouse & Hares Ear

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

CreationBear

Re: Poult Grouse & Hares Ear

Post by CreationBear » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:24 pm

Thanks for elaborating--no telling how many trade secrets we'll shake out of you on this thread. :) At any rate, ribbing is my particular bête noire (especially over coarse, slippery dubbing) but your example seems just about perfect.
bocast

Post by bocast » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:24 pm

The Poult Grouse and Hares Ear is both beautiful and inspiring. What an elegant, fishy, and exemplary tie!

Wow. Bill, you continue to amaze. Thanks for setting such a high bar!
I fish wet flies with faith and hope, faith that trout don't require exactitude and hope that when my time comes, God will explain why wet flies work...
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:49 pm

This pattern is lovely. It caught my eye as well. However, I don't have poult feathers. Otherwise I'd tie some up. No rush. It isn't like I don't have a hundred flies at least I want to tie...lol. Excellent job on this fly. LOVE your rendition of it.
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:58 pm

Bill,
What a beauty! I simply cannot know how you do what you do. I have seen you tie and I still can't wrap my mind around how wonderful your work is! Thank you friend for sharing what you do and what you know with all of us! What an inspiration you are Bill!
Den Dude
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.