Site Admin

Coffee & Cream Dark

Post by Soft-hackle » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:43 am

Coffee & Cream-Dark

Hook: Daiichi 1550 # 12
Thread: Lt Cahill Uni-Thread
Hackle: Medium Gray Hen
Ribbing: Waxed Primrose Gossamer silk
Body:Soft-marabou-like feather taken from near the tail of the Partridge. It is cream at the tips and fades into gray. This was tied in by the tips near the bend, and twisted to wrap forward. Any stray fibers were trimmed off to give the body shape.
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty.” Edward R. Hewitt

http://www.libstudio.com/FS&S
willowhead

Re: Coffee & Cream Dark

Post by willowhead » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:43 pm

Nice tye Bro. You know you can use filoplumbs, (philoplumbs?).....aftershafts :D to do the same thing for bodies. Tye in by the tip, twist and wrap.....same deal. You can also dub them right onto the thread for more durability.....which i'm sure you already know.....but for those who don't. ;)
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
DOUGSDEN

Re: Coffee & Cream Dark

Post by DOUGSDEN » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Mark,
Unbelievable flies! I have always admired your patterns and your "style" of tying. With these latest beauties, you have not let us down in any way, shape, or form. As the fall and winter season happen, please post regularly! It's like taking a daily vitamin. Please keep us healthy with your talents dear friend!
Dougsden
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.